Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-13-2006, 08:03 PM   #1
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Proof that "FireCoachX" sites have jumped the Shark

http://www.cancharlie.com/

Aparently this jackass feels that this year's turnaround by Charlie Weis, that saw a 6-5 team turn it around and get to a BCS bid, topped off by the story of him allowing a dying kid to call Notre Dame's first play from scrimmage, disgraced Notre Dame and he must go.

Choice paragraphs.

Coaches in the house Rockne built must be winners on and off the field. Unfortunately for Mr. Weis, he fails on both counts. He has no head coaching experience, and that fact was painfully obvious as he was thoroughly out-schemed several times this season. We are Notre Dame -- not some second rate Conference USA team where you can pick it up as you go.

We're a group of over 1000 students, alumni, faculty, and fans that demand the immediate termination of University of Notre Dame head football coach, Charlie Weis. After the 2006 vintage of the Fiasco bowl we came together via online petition.

What we want...

In a word, we want dominance. We want both a winner and a molder of young minds calling the signals. We want someone who keeps the scholar is scholar athlete, and someone who always puts a professional, academic face forward (because he represents our university). We want someone other than Charlie Weis and his pet Rick "nuclear winter" Minter.

and..

Expectations...

Rome wasn't built in a day. We fully realize that Weis might be given a second year to try to right the disaster that Notre Dame football has evolved into over the past 10 years. On the other hand, we must commend the administration for emphatically declaring that losing is no longer acceptable under the golden dome last year. We expect that Weis will be terminated (if he refuses to resign) at the conclusion of the 2006 season.

Hello.. this is reality calling.. pplease answer the phone..

SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 08:06 PM   #2
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

please fire him. please do. so he can come back home where he belongs, with BB and TB.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 08:07 PM   #3
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Dude's a jackass. The only way Weis is leaving after next year is a huge contract from an NFL team.

I do like the JoePaMustGo website.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 08:32 PM   #4
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

hmmm, no firemikemccarthy.com yet, I should grab that before the guy in my sig snatches that one up along with his firetedthompson.com
Old 01-13-2006, 08:59 PM   #5
Blade6119
Coordinator

Can anyone remind me what notre dames record was against top 25 teams? They beat michigan, but so did everyone else it seems...i just dont see whats soo amazing about winning big on a soft schedule, and losing to both the two top teams you played(USC/OHIO STATE...not even counting michigan state)...ya, they kept it close with USC...so did half the Pac-10...sorry, ill believe in weis is he starts winning against top teams, this year he didnt do that
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 09:34 PM   #6
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Hey there's a FirePatHill.com too. I'm wondering if he'll be transfering that domain to someone in Oakland, St. Louis, or Houston.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 04:30 AM   #7
bhlloy
Coordinator

Wow... I don't think this guy will still be singing the same tune in a couple of years after Charlies first couple of recruiting classes come in. Three of the top five QB's in this years class want to play for him.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 09:06 AM   #8
st.cronin
General Manager

Smells like satire.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 12:27 PM   #9
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Can anyone remind me what notre dames record was against top 25 teams? They beat michigan, but so did everyone else it seems...i just dont see whats soo amazing about winning big on a soft schedule, and losing to both the two top teams you played(USC/OHIO STATE...not even counting michigan state)...ya, they kept it close with USC...so did half the Pac-10...sorry, ill believe in weis is he starts winning against top teams, this year he didnt do that

They played the 14th toughest schedule in the country and went 9-3 with players he didn't recruit. Tough crowd.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 01:09 PM   #10
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

I think we need to wait for WrongWay to put up his anit-Michelle Wie site before we can officially call this trend overdone.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 01:30 PM   #11
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
They played the 14th toughest schedule in the country and went 9-3 with players he didn't recruit. Tough crowd.
hxxp://www.collegefootballnews.com/2005/Rankings/CFN_Rankings.htm
there is a yellow column on the right hand side, and if you scroll down it mentions notre dame...they finished 21st in these rankings, which if you look at past years is a damn accurate ranking. Sorry, it wasnt a great season, his recruits or not...21st is solid from where they have been, but people act like their top 5 in the nation...their not, case closed...i said i could change my tune if he keeps winning, or actually beats a top team....but he didnt this year...14th in the nation since ohio state and USC did so well...but they lost both of those game...
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 01-14-2006, 01:36 PM   #12
st.cronin
General Manager

I'm sorry, but there is no way that anybody can think Charlie Weiss did anything but a superlative job in his first year at Notre Dame. The team vastly exceeded all expectations.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 04:47 PM   #13
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Sagarin has ND at 8th in his final composite ranking, and looking at who's ahead and behind the Irish I think that's about right. I think ND would win more games than they would lose against anyone below them on the list.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 05:15 PM   #14
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Tyrone Willingham had the same record his first year and look wh---err....nevermind.
Old 01-14-2006, 05:46 PM   #15
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
http://www.cancharlie.com/

...We want someone who keeps the scholar is scholar athlete...

That's funny.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 07:04 PM   #16
Bubba Wheels
College Starter

Notre Dame will always be handicapped by the fact that they expect their football players to be actual students. Weis gets alot of credit for not using that as a crutch.

Last edited by Bubba Wheels : 01-14-2006 at 07:05 PM.
Bubba Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 07:05 PM   #17
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioFriendlyUnitShifter
Tyrone Willingham had the same record his first year and look wh---err....nevermind.
PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Demotivation
Old 01-15-2006, 03:08 AM   #18
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I can tell you from watching Willingham's last season and Weis's first season that Weis is a better coach.

(Edit: And I can pretty much guarantee that I've seen more ND games in both seasons than either of you.)

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)

Last edited by Mr. Wednesday : 01-15-2006 at 03:09 AM.
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote