View Single Post
Old 06-16-2007, 05:42 PM   #1259
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
I haven't even reloaded ootp 2007 after going back to Windows XP, anyone here still playing?

Still playing 'em out one game at a time from a league I started in v4 (2002-2014 managing every game). Just finished my first season (in v2007) and have made it to the NLCS, up 2-0 with a now mostly fictional Cubs team.

I let the AI run my minors and overall am happy with where it plays players so the game isn't any more work than 6.5 for me to play. Been much happier with the pitching in v2k7. Previous versions, especially 6.5 and before, would give me two or three 20-game winners with sub 3 ERA's every year. My current year only Prior (started with Rolen17's 2002 real roster) had a sub 3 ERA. My next best pitcher is a stud but only managed a 3.40ish ERA and a 14-10 record and two of my starters were over 4.00 (pretty much unheard of for me before 2k7).

So as for me and the way I play (solo and manage every inning of every game), the game is still as much or even more fun than pre SI releases.

FWIW I use all the bells and whistles and have no problem overlooking some of the shortcomings. Doing this to me is easy when I think back to the days of playing only season replays with SOM and having to do all the stat work etc by hand.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote