Home

NBA 2K12 pre-order: will we be able to choose the cover?

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 pre-order: will we be able to choose the cover? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-19-2011, 04:19 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
NBA 2K12 pre-order: will we be able to choose the cover?

I want to pre-order the game. I went on gamestops website and they said it will be shipped random. Is there a way possible where we could choose?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2011, 04:41 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: NBA 2K12 pre-order: will we be able to choose the cover?

nope. your best bet is probably to do a preorder at an actual store, then tell the clerk to give you the one you want

personally, i dont really care which cover i get, so im doing mine online
Old 08-19-2011, 04:50 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 33

My Q is in respect of the DLC teams that are supposedly offered for preorders (GS & SAC) ... amazon does not specify this nor does gamestop ... so, how can I know (I live in the caribbean) that I will get the offer if I preorder ? ... just in case, would they be offered as paid DLC further on for gamers that either preorder or not, dont receive them ? ... or would they be locked to everyone and enabled as one wins all the greatest challenges ?
Old 08-19-2011, 05:50 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
My Q is in respect of the DLC teams that are supposedly offered for preorders (GS & SAC) ... amazon does not specify this nor does gamestop ... so, how can I know (I live in the caribbean) that I will get the offer if I preorder ? ... just in case, would they be offered as paid DLC further on for gamers that either preorder or not, dont receive them ? ... or would they be locked to everyone and enabled as one wins all the greatest challenges ?
From the latest dev insight:
" Bonus Gift with Purchase – The 1990-91 Warriors and 2001-02 Kings are only available to those who purchase their copy of NBA 2K12 early. This bonus content will be available in launch orders only, while supplies last."

it looks like the code will be included in the first run of games that are pressed up. maybe on a little paper insert on something. i dont think it matters where you buy from, just as long as you get a game from the initial batch.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:59 PM   #5
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

I can see some people going on Kijiji trading covers...

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2011, 12:28 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 12

As petty as it seems, growing up in Southern California, I cannot fathom getting a cover with a Celtic on the cover. I mean you guys should've seen me over the whole 2k9 tragedy which was a current Celtic, especially one who had just beat an LA team in the Finals. I was ready to

I can cope with MJ again and if I have a choice I'll go with Magic but I ain't choosing nobody in Green that's for sure
Old 08-20-2011, 12:34 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshPrince22
From the latest dev insight:
" Bonus Gift with Purchase – The 1990-91 Warriors and 2001-02 Kings are only available to those who purchase their copy of NBA 2K12 early. This bonus content will be available in launch orders only, while supplies last."

it looks like the code will be included in the first run of games that are pressed up. maybe on a little paper insert on something. i dont think it matters where you buy from, just as long as you get a game from the initial batch.
This sounds correct. There was a pre-order deal in place when Dirt 3 was just released. I wasn't really interested in it, so I did not pre-order. However, I did purchase Dirt 3 on release day, and when I bought it from Game Stop, the employee told me about a code on my receipt that I could enter in order to unlock the aforementioned "pre-order" content. Truly seems like a similar case here.

With that said, I'm kind of worried about taking a chance. I don't want to be "pretty sure" this is the case. I'd want to know for a fact I could get the Warriors and Kings by just picking up the game quickly. As such, I think I'll pre-order, but I just want to pick up the game from a store on release day. Do I need to then pre-order in person (I've never pre-ordered a game before)? Or can I pre-order from Game Stop online and have it sent to my local store? I'm assuming I must go to the actual store and sign up for a pre-order, yes?
Old 08-20-2011, 01:44 AM   #8
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I talked to one of the GS employees about this the other day and he mentioned that they'll be getting all 3 covers in, and as long as you have pre-ordered the game, you will get to choose which cover you want, provided it is still in stock.

Thankfully, the GS I go to is frequented by gamers who DON'T play sports games, so I shouldn't have to worry about a big crowd. When I went to the Madden 10 midnight release 2 years ago, there were maybe 20-30 people there. No midnight releases for any other sports games, and when I picked up games like NHL or MLB The Show, there were maybe 1-2 other guys there getting the same thing.

I feel for the guys that live in bigger cities; I imagine NY, BOS and LA are going to have some big crowds.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »