Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-23-2006, 11:09 AM   #1101
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
This is like when Peck makes the Ghostbusters shut down their containment system and the ghosts go batshit all over New York.

LOL!!! There are surely a number of ghosts from the FOFC past.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:12 AM   #1102
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Okay this is nuts! This thread has half as many views as the reference thread. This thread has to win some type of award or something.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:13 AM   #1103
perezsuarez
n00b

This is my first post since two years but I have been following this forum and Matrix Max FB forum. I could not have laughed more yesterday with the posts in here.

I will try Max FB, I will try NFL HC (if both are ever available) but I donīt believe any football game will beat FOF, simply the best. While everyone at Matrix was cutting their veins because the game was not out I was playing FOF and winning back to back FOF championships.
perezsuarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 11:18 AM   #1104
druez
Banned

On a serious note, Mrs. Winter needs some help. She reminds me of Angie Stallings. In fact David reminds me of Joe. She comes sweeping in when everyone starts bashing the crap out of him.

Now my wife, she simply tries to ignore the fool i make of myself on the internet. She sure as heck isn't going to blindly defend me when I'm being an asshole/troll.

Wintervalley Software and Joe Stallings Present ----- Total Pro Maxium Tournament Football without the Option Dreams.

Now that would be a classic.
druez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 11:19 AM   #1105
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezsuarez
This is my first post since two years but I have been following this forum and Matrix Max FB forum. I could not have laughed more yesterday with the posts in here.

I will try Max FB, I will try NFL HC (if both are ever available) but I donīt believe any football game will beat FOF, simply the best. While everyone at Matrix was cutting their veins because the game was not out I was playing FOF and winning back to back FOF championships.

Wow! This game even caused long time lurkers to start posting after two years. You must post more often sir. I don't want to see you get banned for one wrong word.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:24 AM   #1106
Bee
Pro Starter

This thread is missing an Antmeister parody song. Of course, perhaps he's holding it back for the release...
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 11:24 AM   #1107
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic
I've encouraged her to join, but she's just not into football. Never even fired up FOF.

that's ok, FOFC isn't about football anymore than microsoft is about tiny cushiony products.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 11:28 AM   #1108
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezsuarez

Please post your impressions (assuming it's ever released). I was going to buy it, but now? No way.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 11:28 AM   #1109
DeftRevisited
n00b

I also posted for the first time in two years mostly because TCY soured me that FOF was going toward a no fun football Tamagotchi. I don't think anyone is expecting MaxFB to be an upgrade to FBPro98 or have the depth of FOF. But MaxFB gives those of us who want a coaches game a hope, at least better than Division Rivals.
DeftRevisited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 12:02 PM   #1110
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeftRevisited
But MaxFB gives those of us who want a coaches game a hope, at least better than Division Rivals.

Man you must really be desperate.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 12:17 PM   #1111
miked
College Starter

Now they are saying the Thursday release will not be earlier than Friday, and to expect Monday...
miked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 12:19 PM   #1112
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked
Now they are saying the Thursday release will not be earlier than Friday, and to expect Monday...

Cue Benny Hill music.
Old 02-23-2006, 12:20 PM   #1113
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked

why can't they just say "it'll be released in a week", and if it's ready by monday then at least they can surprise their "customers" (quotation marks cuz i don't think anyone is gonna be buying this)? why continually set your customers up for disappointment. if i was a developer i'd always give my followers the worst-case scenario and then beat that date by a wide margin.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 12:24 PM   #1114
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic
why can't they just say "it'll be released in a week", and if it's ready by monday then at least they can surprise their "customers" (quotation marks cuz i don't think anyone is gonna be buying this)? why continually set your customers up for disappointment. if i was a developer i'd always give my followers the worst-case scenario and then beat that date by a wide margin.

we call that "under promise and over deliver" around here

They seem to have it the other way around though: "over promise and under deliver?"

FM
Old 02-23-2006, 12:24 PM   #1115
Butter
Coordinator

Instead of going gold, they should call it "going gold-pressed latinum" or something equally fictional.
Old 02-23-2006, 12:25 PM   #1116
rkmsuf
Head Coach

"Sir, Maximum Football...she's gone plaid."

"Keep coding @sshole!"
Old 02-23-2006, 12:26 PM   #1117
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf
"Sir, Maximum Football...she's gone plaid."

"Keep coding @sshole!"

KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 12:28 PM   #1118
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

A full weekend of tension, infighting, and ridicule, oh, my! This thread may yet catch up to the reference thread as most viewed by then.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 12:37 PM   #1119
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Welcome back druez..
Old 02-23-2006, 12:37 PM   #1120
Bee
Pro Starter

I must admit I find it somewhat amusing that a relatively large percentage of the posters on the Maximus Football board own the book "Football for Dummies".
Old 02-23-2006, 12:41 PM   #1121
perezsuarez
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
Please post your impressions (assuming it's ever released). I was going to buy it, but now? No way.

KWhit, I will let you know but believe me I rather keep reading the forums with all the jokes than getting the game. It has been so much fun. Every time they delay the game another day it means more jokes and more fun to me.

As I said before I am curious about the game, I mean something that took 5 years to develop is a MUST PLAY game however I do not believe anyone will reach the standars of Jim and FOF. No pair of games have I enjoyed more than FOF and TCY.
Old 02-23-2006, 12:49 PM   #1122
bbor
Pro Starter

This is gonna get ulgy....er

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 12:49 PM   #1123
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
How many bugs we're there ?

The UIC on that board is just incredible.
Old 02-23-2006, 12:51 PM   #1124
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee

I had such an urge to post "several" right after that post.
Old 02-23-2006, 12:54 PM   #1125
bbor
Pro Starter

Currently Active Users Viewing this Thread: 18 (18 members and 0 guests)
bbor, albionmoonlight, Bad-example, Bee, Desmond, Dutch, Ender22, FrogMan, KWhit, miked, perezsuarez, QuikSand, Simms, st.cronin, Surtt, Thornbird, vtbub, wheels

The above people all took today off to play maxifootball.

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
Old 02-23-2006, 12:55 PM   #1126
bbor
Pro Starter

Dammit....i forgot to exclude myself.

Old 02-23-2006, 12:58 PM   #1127
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
How many bugs we're there?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee

Only Chuck Norris knows the answer, because he's the only person that can count to that number. And he did it twice.

So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 12:58 PM   #1128
perezsuarez
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbor
Currently Active Users Viewing this Thread: 18 (18 members and 0 guests)
bbor, albionmoonlight, Bad-example, Bee, Desmond, Dutch, Ender22, FrogMan, KWhit, miked, perezsuarez, QuikSand, Simms, st.cronin, Surtt, Thornbird, vtbub, wheels

The above people all took today off to play maxifootball.

Donīt worry bbor I am at work so count me out hehehe. I would not have been able to finish my bachelor if I would have waited for the game to be released.
Old 02-23-2006, 12:59 PM   #1129
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbor