View Single Post
Old 03-11-2024, 09:27 AM   #44
Umbrella
High School Varsity

Also, the shortcut joker let's you skip a number in a straight. But I didn't realize until recently you can skip multiple iterations of 1. So you could have a 2-4-6-8-10 straight with that card, which makes it much more powerful than I originally interpreted.

And while on the subject of straights, I feel that hand size is critical for this. For me, it is worth giving up a discard or a played hand to increase it while playing a straight deck. I've beaten ante 8 a few times with straights, although I haven't been able to get past 10 with this strategy.

My best run, which got me to ante 12, was surprisingly a 2 pair deck. I don't remember my exact joker combo, but I know I had the trousers, the block (play exactly 4 cards), and the combo where every card is a face card along with the one that turns all face cards into gold. Add a vampire to suck away my mass gold, and this one added up quickly. I know I had another negative joker in there, but don't remember what my 6th one was.

ETA: And in case you didn't know, if you buy 10 of the blank vouchers, you unlock a voucher which gives you an extra joker slot. I don't know what happens if you keep buying them after it is unlocked though.

Last edited by Umbrella : 03-11-2024 at 09:30 AM.
Umbrella is offline   Reply With Quote