View Single Post
Old 04-04-2024, 10:37 AM   #63
Umbrella
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
I have been trying to beat the different stakes and eventually ended up using the green deck pretty much exclusively for all of the later stakes, and I can't see why I should/would switch. Which decks do y'all favor?

For me, green deck is one of my least favorite. My strategy generally relies on interest generated. I generally like all the decks, as they each give a slightly (or majorly) different playstyle.

Red - Discards are huge. The more I play, the more I realize the value of discards, especially in the early game. Playing a deck for more difficult hands like straights or 4 of a kinds, you need the extra discards.

Blue - The biggest upside for me is the extra dollar each round from having an extra hand. I'm generally trying to 1 or 2 shot each round, so that's the value of the extra hand to me.

Yellow - Having the extra $10 to get the economy going early is huge. In reality, you get an extra $12 to start because of interest. Great to start off on a good note.

Green - The first deck that forces a slight playstyle change. Certain jokers and vouchers are obsolete. Since you can't gain interest, no need to hoard money as much, and works great with the vagabond joker. I also like to have a money generating joker early with this deck.

Black - I think this is the toughest deck. Losing that extra hand is super painful early on, and the extra joker slot doesn't really become useful until ante 4 or later. This deck is about early survival.

Magic - Good for flush builds. If I can get one of the tarot cards to convert to a suit, you've just converted 9 cards instead of 3.

Nebula - This one is kinda meh for me. The lost consumable slot seems to always hit me at a real inappropriate time. If you can get your deck setup for a specific hand type early, it's not bad, but this deck isn't my favorite.

Ghost - I like spectral cards early, as sometimes they can help define my deck. Later on, there's too much RNG for them to be reliable.

Abandoned - This one is fun. Great for straights and 3/4 of a kinds. Ride the Bus is free chips with this deck.

Checkered - Hard to have anything but a flush strategy. Be careful of a boss that disables hearts or spades, but usually a pretty easy deck to win with.

Zodiac - Less jokers, more planets and tarot. Not much difference in how I play this one than the other decks.

Painted - This one is fun too. The extra hand size is great, although the late game is tough with the -1 joker. Winning on this deck will automatically unlock the invisible joker if you haven't already. I've had a lot of success with this one. The spectral which makes a joker negative still has a plus benefit on this deck.

Anaglyph - I don't think I've figured out how to play this one well. I know there is potential for giant scores on this one, but I never seem to be able to get the double tag to work properly.

Plasma - This deck is OP. Big scores are easy.

I still haven't unlocked the erratic deck yet, but that one looks fun.
Umbrella is offline   Reply With Quote