Home

Does WWE View TNA As Competition?

This is a discussion on Does WWE View TNA As Competition? within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-15-2009, 09:14 AM   #1
MVP

jmillhimes's Arena

OVR: 4
Does WWE View TNA As Competition?

Quote:
-- One source within WWE feels that the company does respectfully consider TNA as competition, although doesn‘t really entertain the idea that they will ever be a serious threat. One member of upper management tells people that even if TNA did increase in popularity, Vince would never take them as serious as he did WCW during the 90’s unless they did something to deliberately hurt his business.

-- In a somewhat related note: On this day in 1998, WWF RAW drew a 4.3 rating with WCW Nitro following closely behind at a 4.0 rating, for a total of over 9,160,000 people watching professional wrestling between the two. RAW was headlined by Austin & Undertaker vs. Mankind & Kane in a Hell In The Cell match, while Nitro was headlined by Randy Savage vs. Diamond Dallas Page in a steel cage.
Well, I dont think TNA has the proper management in place to really make an impact. As for this day in 1998....I remember that match..LOL. Where Taker came out from under the ring and Destroyed Paul Bearer while Kane and Mankind where locked outside
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2009, 11:06 AM   #2
Banned

BunnyHardaway's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Does WWE View TNA As Competition?

I'd say no. TNA is doing the same thing that WCW did to ruin themselves, i.e. not pushing new talent and recycling old, old talent (Angle, Booker T, Sting, Nash, etc.). They're not going to get anywhere doing that.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:58 AM   #3
Rookie

Man O'War's Arena

OVR: 0

^True, but I enjoy TNA more than the WWE though.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:24 PM   #4
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

No. I believe I read the ages in TNA's last PPV main event added up to 297. 137 for tonights 4 way. TNA is WCW at the moment,2000 WCW,not the good one. WCW didn't start to turn it around untill near the end,TNA started well then fell into the same thing,they need to change again before they're competition.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:48 PM   #5
Rookie

Cool Re: Does WWE View TNA As Competition?

no cause TNA is trying their hardest to be like WCW. look at JAY Lethal, he's been a complete *** since they changed his storyline & are focusing/wanting him to be like Randy Savage! THE ONLY competition that TNA gave WWE is when Jeff Hardy became a FREE AGENT & challenged AJ Styles for the X-Division Championship
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2009, 09:53 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJLinn
I'd say no. TNA is doing the same thing that WCW did to ruin themselves, i.e. not pushing new talent and recycling old, old talent (Angle, Booker T, Sting, Nash, etc.). They're not going to get anywhere doing that.
well since you said that my friend then where are all of the titles/championships at? WCW had many superstars & plenty of titles to go along with their program! f you noticed WWE has gotten ALL of their titles from WCW! WCW was good back in their time frame,but since TNA is mimicking WCW then they will fall just as WCW did! the only way TNA can & will save themselves is IF they be more creative & original!
Old 06-16-2009, 11:03 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 46

mcmahon will never let their be competition so no
Old 06-17-2009, 12:29 AM   #8
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaiko Rose
well since you said that my friend then where are all of the titles/championships at?
Great way to look at it...

TNA World: Mick Foley,44 (though you'd think he's 64 after all the injuries and inccured damage)
WWE: Randy Orton,29
WWE World: CM Punk,30

TNA X: On a videogame character
US: Kofi Kingston,28
IC: Jericho,38

TNA Tag: 3D,73 combined
WWE: Carlito & Primo,56 combined

TNA Womens: Angelina,27
Diva: Maryse,26
Womens: Melina? 30

The Legends title doesn't count for anything.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »