Home

Madden 21 PS5 Frame Rate Stutter

This is a discussion on Madden 21 PS5 Frame Rate Stutter within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-28-2020, 01:50 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Madden 21 PS5 Frame Rate Stutter

Is anyone else having frame rate stutter on the PS5 version of Madden 21? I realize cut scenes are 30 fps, but the game seems like it’s dropping frames/stuttering when the QB is walking up to the LOS and “snaps” back to 60 fps after the balled is snapped. Sometimes it doesn’t “snap” back right away and stays like that while the ball is being passed.

It’s very distracting and really takes away from the overall game experience.

I’ve already attempted the following “fixes”

Using game mode on my tv/turning off game mode

Turning off haptic feedback on the controller

Turning off HDR

Changing the resolution to 1080p
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2020, 10:56 AM   #2
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 21 PS5 Frame Rate Stutter

Happens on Xbox Series X nonstop. Really really frustrating. There's been no widespread discussion of it in the community or acknowledgement of it by the devs. Most people just say it was a "design choice" for the game to stutter so horribly lol. It's a bigger issue than zone coverage being broken though.
Old 12-28-2020, 11:58 AM   #3
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

I honestly haven't seen this on the PS5 when I was playing.

Playing:
Old 12-28-2020, 02:35 PM   #4
Pro

Nomah5's Arena

OVR: 7

I have not noticed it tbh. I’ll look next time or maybe I shouldn’t.
Old 12-28-2020, 03:37 PM   #5
MVP

icicle22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Most people just say it was a "design choice" for the game to stutter so horribly lol. .
Dude!! The only time I used the term "design choice" was when describing the excessive menu animations that make you wait to move from section to section. You keep using that term as if it was an excuse for poor performance during the game. The game should play butter smooth. That is not a design choice but poor optimization of code. So please stop using the "design choice" reference like I/We all accept all problems because they chose to "design" the game to play poorly. The reference was only to describe the menu performance.

If I can pick my teams and select start and I am in the game in less that 1 second with all stadium graphics loaded and ready, why do I have to wait 3-4 seconds for the menus to animate from main screen to franchise, or settings or whatever? This is existed in last gen too.

Having gone off subject I have PS5 and do not notice this stuttering before plays....could it have happened once or twice, perhaps. But I don't see anything on a regular basis except for the 30fps on cutscenes and stadium pans.

Peace!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2020, 08:33 PM   #6
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
Dude!! The only time I used the term "design choice" was when describing the excessive menu animations that make you wait to move from section to section. You keep using that term as if it was an excuse for poor performance during the game. The game should play butter smooth. That is not a design choice but poor optimization of code. So please stop using the "design choice" reference like I/We all accept all problems because they chose to "design" the game to play poorly. The reference was only to describe the menu performance.

If I can pick my teams and select start and I am in the game in less that 1 second with all stadium graphics loaded and ready, why do I have to wait 3-4 seconds for the menus to animate from main screen to franchise, or settings or whatever? This is existed in last gen too.

Having gone off subject I have PS5 and do not notice this stuttering before plays....could it have happened once or twice, perhaps. But I don't see anything on a regular basis except for the 30fps on cutscenes and stadium pans.

Peace!

Haha dude i wasn't coming at you at all. It was a general statement meant to reference how people have talked about the issues with stuttering and the frame rate. It's a common term many people have used.
Old 12-29-2020, 12:36 AM   #7
MVP

icicle22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Haha dude i wasn't coming at you at all. It was a general statement meant to reference how people have talked about the issues with stuttering and the frame rate. It's a common term many people have used.
OK. I just didn't want you to think I am okay with the stutter since they chose to do it that way!

I haven't personally heard the "design choice" term used often other than in describing menus and navigation buttons and such....maybe to describe the presentation elements. It should definitely not be used to describe poor performance. In certain genre games like action adventure you could argue that the video game programmers choose a 30fps for a more cinematic feel but in sports, 60fps all the way. Should be that way in cut scenes as well.

Odd thing is on PC, the initial releases of Madden had 60fps during game and 30fps during cutscenes. Someone found the code in the Frosty editor and was able to make a simple mod that just basically turned off the limiter and most of us PC gamers had 60fps all the time. So I can't help but feel the 30fps is being purposely locked because the game might not be able to hold a solid 60 on next gen consoles with higher textures and lighting.

It's all good. Thanks for clarifying.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »