Home

EA UFC 3, One Year Later: What are you struggling with?

This is a discussion on EA UFC 3, One Year Later: What are you struggling with? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-27-2019, 12:56 PM   #1
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

OVR: 0
EA UFC 3, One Year Later: What are you struggling with?

So this game has gone through so many changes since launch, and being that a lot of players still somewhat struggle with basic strategies or aren't even aware of certain things being available for use (Like the stiff arm retreat), I would like those said players to COMPREHENSIVELY write down what gives them an issue, what they feel that they think they do right, what continues to 'catch' them, and I will start releasing a series a videos akin to the 19 minute 'Anti-Spam' Video on my channel, once I get a good grasp of what's giving you guys issues. Post videos too of your fights!

Before this thread gets started, I feel like something that has been completely underlooked is the Striking Deep Dive Geoff Harrower posted months ago, and this will do wonders to elevate your knowledge on the game.

https://www.ea.com/games/ufc/ufc-3/n...king-deep-dive

Also be reminded to check the Gameplay Updates to see things you may have missed:

https://www.ea.com/games/ufc/ufc-3/n...play-update-11 from the most current one, and from that website you can go back all the way to #6 I believe.

All that being said, I want to hear EVERYONE's input and I'll work to the best of my ability to help you out here, and with videos.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2019, 01:42 PM   #2
MVP

Re: EA UFC 3, One Year Later: What are you struggling with?

Hey, I wouldn't mind you doing a video on pull counters and pretty much everything about them - timing, distance, what they work against, what they don't work against, stationary pull counters, moving pull counters, all of it.

I think I get the idea but you making a video could enlighten me even more. The thing is I feel things register slower on my combination of console + TV (definitely not a gaming TV). I know stationary strikes are the best available strikes and I always try to plant and throw to get the best results but it always seems like the game needs time to realise I've let go of the left stick and it throws moving strikes instead. I try throwing one moving strike to get closer and then a planted strike but in this case it doesn't register at all and my guy stops abruptly and the whole input is dropped. I also know a good pull counter requires you to be stationary but good luck with that in these circumstances. On the few occasions I manage to do a nice pull the counter itself comes out pretty slowly and I feel the opponent has all the time in the world to brace himself. Dunno what that's about, since I've at least managed to pull properly but that's why I'm posting this.

I do suspect there could be some user error on my part as well though, so I'm looking forward to any tips regarding pull counters and moving vs stationary in general to rectify that. Any purely physical (i.e. hands on controller) advice is also appreciated.
Old 06-27-2019, 01:49 PM   #3
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer04
Hey, I wouldn't mind you doing a video on pull counters and pretty much everything about them - timing, distance, what they work against, what they don't work against, stationary pull counters, moving pull counters, all of it.

I think I get the idea but you making a video could enlighten me even more. The thing is I feel things register slower on my combination of console + TV (definitely not a gaming TV). I know stationary strikes are the best available strikes and I always try to plant and throw to get the best results but it always seems like the game needs time to realise I've let go of the left stick and it throws moving strikes instead. I try throwing one moving strike to get closer and then a planted strike but in this case it doesn't register at all and my guy stops abruptly and the whole input is dropped. I also know a good pull counter requires you to be stationary but good luck with that in these circumstances. On the few occasions I manage to do a nice pull the counter itself comes out pretty slowly and I feel the opponent has all the time in the world to brace himself. Dunno what that's about, since I've at least managed to pull properly but that's why I'm posting this.

I do suspect there could be some user error on my part as well though, so I'm looking forward to any tips regarding pull counters and moving vs stationary in general to rectify that. Any purely physical (i.e. hands on controller) advice is also appreciated.

Pull Counter Video? I can definitely do that, Martial gave me some crucial information I didn't know about a few days ago regarding to a certain combination against the pull counter, I'll get on that tomorrow morning.
Old 06-27-2019, 01:57 PM   #4
MVP

Thanks! As for the input aspect of pulling off stationary things, is that something that one can be given any advice on, can it make the video as well?
Old 06-27-2019, 03:34 PM   #5
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Thanks! As for the input aspect of pulling off stationary things, is that something that one can be given any advice on, can it make the video as well?
No problem, I will get on the whole stationary/moving strikes and how it affects ranges in the video for Pull Counters!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2019, 03:53 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
No problem, I will get on the whole stationary/moving strikes and how it affects ranges in the video for Pull Counters!
On that note, the other day a guy pulled any and every strike you can think of with a moving pull and then actually managed to throw a counter as if he had been stationary. I don't know if that's intended but it looked crazy.

By the way, that glitch where the guy hops backwards twice after a back lunge is still there and it's atrocious. Pity, because the backwards lunge is a very useful move but with that bug going on it can really get you into trouble.
Old 06-27-2019, 04:55 PM   #7
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
On that note, the other day a guy pulled any and every strike you can think of with a moving pull and then actually managed to throw a counter as if he had been stationary. I don't know if that's intended but it looked crazy.

By the way, that glitch where the guy hops backwards twice after a back lunge is still there and it's atrocious. Pity, because the backwards lunge is a very useful move but with that bug going on it can really get you into trouble.
That's actually more of an analog issue than an actual glitch. To avoid double lunging, just be gentle with the direction you push to.
Old 06-27-2019, 05:02 PM   #8
Pro

I am somewhat okay at getting early leads but I am god-awful at snowballing them into larger ones. Often times I find the stamina/damage leads diminishing near the end of the fight which makes a lot of matches much harder and uglier than they have any right to be. I could attribute it to a few themes which also overlap.

1. Effective leading / coming forward
2. Winning trades (as in landing better shots in an exchange)
3. Avoiding unnecessary damage ("random" headkicks, harmful head movement. Basically micro-level mistakes that add up and kill head health).

Also, I find it quite difficult to offensively grapple against players who look to stall and are really good at recognizing my (assumably meh) fakes and transitions.

Hopefully these gave you any ideas.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »