Home

Is pick n pop against AI a cheese move?

This is a discussion on Is pick n pop against AI a cheese move? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-19-2019, 01:21 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
Is pick n pop against AI a cheese move?

Do you guys think is cheese against AI using pick and pop? I seem to find it do easy to het the big man wide open by having him give me a pick and then I drive right into the paint, throw it back out hes wife open because the big man originally guarding him will alwaysssss follow my dribbler inside the paint! Anyone else sees this cheese move that can be done so easily when you playin??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2019, 09:34 PM   #2
Rookie

SlimFast_GymRat's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is pick n pop against AI a cheese move?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
Do you guys think is cheese against AI using pick and pop? I seem to find it do easy to het the big man wide open by having him give me a pick and then I drive right into the paint, throw it back out hes wife open because the big man originally guarding him will alwaysssss follow my dribbler inside the paint! Anyone else sees this cheese move that can be done so easily when you playin??
CPU AI represent the magnum opus of cheese so that should be the least of your concerns.
Old 04-20-2019, 01:38 AM   #3
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

I don't think it's cheese since it's a 50% chance your screener will get called for an illegal screen.

I strongly dislike whatever patch made this happen. I don't even bother calling screens anymore.
Old 04-20-2019, 01:44 AM   #4
Rookie

m29a's Arena

For me, there have been games where it has worked very well, but in other games it hasn't.

It really depends on the match-ups. So I don't consider it cheese at all.
Old 04-20-2019, 04:22 AM   #5
MVP

tru11's Arena

doubt the AI will complain.

it will most likely go and cheese you back in some other way lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2019, 08:46 AM   #6
MVP

UnbelievablyRAW's Arena

OVR: 5

The PnR works almost every time granted the ball defender gets hit with the screen. The AI has like no awareness of denying passing lanes or switching if getting back to their man is impossible. I'd bet you would be able to win a game only calling PnP every possession vs the AI even on superstar or HOF
Old 04-20-2019, 09:39 AM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbelievablyRAW
The PnR works almost every time granted the ball defender gets hit with the screen. The AI has like no awareness of denying passing lanes or switching if getting back to their man is impossible. I'd bet you would be able to win a game only calling PnP every possession vs the AI even on superstar or HOF
This is not true.

Depending on the team and their defensive scheme, they will employ different tactics. The Rockets switch everything and have capable defenders, so on HOF it is not an easy feat at all.
Old 04-20-2019, 10:08 AM   #8
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevertheles109
This is not true.

Depending on the team and their defensive scheme, they will employ different tactics. The Rockets switch everything and have capable defenders, so on HOF it is not an easy feat at all.
It’s somewhat true...I can kill the AI on HOF with the PnR whether it’s driving and finishing at the basket, drawing the double in the paint and kicking it out to an open shooter on the perimeter or drawing the double on the perimeter and passing to the cutter for an easy bucket. The AI has no way of taking away all three options and they run the same defense on each option, at least I’ve never seen it. The main downsides, to me, of running the PnR all game are not defense related at all, illegal screens, unnecessary cutting by open players, the unnecessary extra pass or pump fake instead of taking the open jumper, good finishers that are inexplicably incapable of finishing at the rim at points. The game does a poor job of defending the PnR especially the users teammate AI.

Last edited by nova91; 04-20-2019 at 10:12 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »