Home

Why is every hit on top of the bat and opposite field?

This is a discussion on Why is every hit on top of the bat and opposite field? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-17-2019, 12:59 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Why is every hit on top of the bat and opposite field?

I've been a show player for as long as I can remember. This years version, every hit I have is opposite field or hit underneath. I use zone interface and this has never been an issue before. Has anyone else notice this? And yes I know swing early but even my perfect timing hits are the same thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2019, 04:17 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Why is every hit on top of the bat and opposite field?

Dunno what to tell you man, you just need to line up the barrel better. I can say with near-certainty that the timing window in this year’s game is the most precise it’s ever been. I’ve hit several GORGEOUS jacks to the pull-fields and quite a few seeds down the third base line with right-handers, so it’s definitely doable. And not to be rude but saying you know to swing early doesn’t change the fact you’re obviously late at lot if these are your symptoms. Like I said, the timing window is straight up on point imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-17-2019, 06:43 AM   #3
Rookie

Probably partly because hitting seems harder and pitch speed is faster which means you are later on balls and therefore balls are flying off the bat the opposite field.

Same thing has been happening with me in the franchise i just started. Mike Zunino is an extreme pull guy and in one game i hit a double to the opposite field and then a HR off the foul pole in opposite field and it was because i was really late.
Old 04-17-2019, 07:50 AM   #4
Rookie

This game has the tightest windows and fastest default pitch speeds in many years. That leaves most of us old timers late. I have managed to pull some balls and expect to pull more and more as I get more games under my belt.
Old 04-17-2019, 07:59 AM   #5
Pro

JHodges57's Arena

What I would prefer is, when a human is batting, an option to use a view from the perspective of someone really standing at the plate. I know when I played I had a much better idea of the pitch movement and speed and that helped my timing. The view from behind the plate when hitting is not natural, for me anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2019, 10:22 AM   #6
MVP

NolanRyansSnowmonkey's Arena

This is just a side effect that many people will see as a result of the "improvements" made to hitting this year. Last year hitting was too "hard" for people. So they "fixed" it by making you focus more on timing instead. You know...to make hitting more "accessable" for us offline players...
Old 04-17-2019, 10:42 AM   #7
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Yeah I do find this as well, I do think that the increased pitch speed is one element of this, but also it does just seem that all hitters are trying to take the ball up the middle too much, so it's incredibly easy for the ball to go opposite field if your timing is even fractions late. I get a lot of "good" timed balls that go opposite field, probably more than get pulled.

I could be wrong, but I feel like for most hitters, a "good" timed ball should generally be aimed somewhere between straight away left field and straight away center (obviously some hitters are more up the middle than that, but generally most are trying to pull the ball). Whereas on this game, it seems like "good" is aiming between left and right center, so a bit early is needed to pull the ball to left field.
Old 04-17-2019, 10:55 AM   #8
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

My hit variety has been fine in the games I've played. I've pulled balls, sent them back up the middle, and have opposite field shots. I've rolled over breaking balls on the outer part of the plate by swinging early and trying to pull them, and I've blooped fastballs to the opposite field that I've swung late on and fought off my hands.

I'm just not seeing an issue with hit variety this year. I personally find it to be better and more rewarding than '18, which I thought was the best of the series.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »