Home

All-Star Difficulty CPU Defense, Is It Reactionary or Predetermined

This is a discussion on All-Star Difficulty CPU Defense, Is It Reactionary or Predetermined within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2018, 05:44 PM   #1
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6
All-Star Difficulty CPU Defense, Is It Reactionary or Predetermined

After playing on All-Star with no changes to anything, i can't see how anyone can say it's realistic.

The ai is just too many steps ahead of the user defensively in most cases.

Check these clips out and tell me what you think.

https://youtu.be/3CZRgxpkqPs
I know Rondo is a good defender, but how or why is he anticipating so far ahead before the spin off input is displayed for Westbrook/me?

Edit* On the crossover you clearly can see the ai manipulate me by sucking me in. Why would i drive right into the defender..I'm not some first time player. The space was there then it wasn't. I was attacking the angle, not into Rondo.

https://youtu.be/HP3DZVzwe5I
I'm inbounding ball and tap A, how does the ai Brandon Ingram know i was passing to PG? The ball clearly wasn't passed but he already knows where to be for the steal.

It might look like good defense, but i dont like the way the ai anticipates/slows down your controller inputs instead or reacting to it.

I think they should get rid of the difficulty levels going forward and just make the game play like basketball without all the ai shenanigans.

Disclaimer

This isn't some butthurt post because I'm just not an offline player, but i couldn't believe what i saw..so please save the get better stuff.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by ForeverVersatile; 09-15-2018 at 08:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2018, 05:54 PM   #2
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Difficulty levels, do we actually need any?

Well the AI defense is just a whole other animal. Its a little to perfect for All-Star lvl I guess and it also has shooting percentages that are too high. Just gotta fool around with the sliders.
Old 09-15-2018, 06:07 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 10

I’ve enjoyed playing pro. All-star was just too frustrating to me.
Old 09-15-2018, 06:28 PM   #4
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

All star feels like HOF to me....I hate what to think HOF is like..

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Old 09-15-2018, 06:30 PM   #5
MVP

G0DZGiFT's Arena

OVR: 3

LOL drop down lower.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2018, 06:53 PM   #6
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Question if we drop to pro will I still see ACE work? I'm ready to swallow my pride.

I can hang with the CPU on all star to the second quarter. Until I get to the 3rd then all hell breaks loose. It just feels cheap how the CPU will hit everything.

Old 09-15-2018, 06:54 PM   #7
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverVersatile
Spoiler

https://youtu.be/HP3DZVzwe5I
I'm inbounding ball and tap A, how does the ai Brandon Ingram know i was passing to PG? The ball clearly wasn't passed but he's already knows where to be for the steal.

It might look like good defense, but i dont like the way the ai anticipates/slows down your controller inputs instead or reacting to it.
Spoiler
That one feels more like a scripted situation; 2k has quite a bit of scripted situations. It appears to have a lot to do with how they program their "artificial intelligence."

If you break down strictly some of the plays; they probably play out the same; there is this one Boston sequence where I've seen play out two consecutive times; it always results in my off-ball defensive teammates switching. So on the third time ....

I purposely take control of my defensive teammate that will be caught up in a screen, and I manage to take a different angle so there is none of that "caught up in the screen, resulting in a switch." Low and behold, the rest of the sequence plays out the same. There was absolutely no need for my off-ball defensive teammate to switch (I managed to go around the screen). It ultimately resulted in a what looks like a 'double team' situation when it shouldn't if my second off-ball teammate had read and react to the fact that I managed to fight around the screen.

The following is Prelude '19 HOF. I was disappointed that the CPU on HOF decided to simply throw the pass away. First video shows Draymond Green moving into position to steal the pass. The second sequence shows me taking control of Green (because I was expecting Green to make his move; looks exactly like your setup in the link), my off ball cpu teammate (Durant) decides to jump in for the steal. The situation apparently called for the user getting the ball back. It's as if the game was working in favor of the user in both sequences. Strange. I've never actually seen the CPU HOF purposely give the user back the ball.

Note: I personally don't have an issue with HOF; it's actually fine by me. It's competitive, more so than 18. The only issues that I currently have are legacy defensive issues and some new head scratching defensive plays (both user teammate and cpu teammate).

Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 09-15-2018, 06:54 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
All star feels like HOF to me....I hate what to think HOF is like..

HOF sucks. Your teammates are significantly dumber and the AI doesn't miss.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »