Home

MyGM free agency

This is a discussion on MyGM free agency within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-18-2014, 11:51 AM   #1
Buddha

ahunter5's Arena

OVR: 7
MyGM free agency

I'm having a strange issue pop up, and I was wondering if anyone else has seen this. I've finished the draft and the resigning of rookies after year 1 of My GM. When I get to free agency, the game won't let me offer any free agents a contract. It tells me that I already have 13 players on my roster. That makes sense, but then the game won't allow me to release or trade away any players, displaying a message that I have to have 13 players on my team. So basically I'm being told that I can't sign people because I already have 13 players, but I can't release anyone because I need to have 13 players.

Has anybody else come across something like this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2014, 02:25 PM   #2
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer

OVR: 13
Re: MyGM free agency

The fact that you can't sign anyone is because you have qualifying offers pending which count towards your roster spots, and unfortunately the interface doesn't do a good job of showing that. I'm looking to see if that can be improved in a patch.

As for not being able to cut players to go below 13, it's also a known issue with a fix incoming soon.
Novato, CA, USA
Old 10-18-2014, 03:58 PM   #3
Buddha

ahunter5's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
The fact that you can't sign anyone is because you have qualifying offers pending which count towards your roster spots, and unfortunately the interface doesn't do a good job of showing that. I'm looking to see if that can be improved in a patch.

As for not being able to cut players to go below 13, it's also a known issue with a fix incoming soon.
You're right, Leftos -- I did have two qualifying offers out. I totally forgot about that until I progressed through free agency. It would be nice to see that somewhere on the interface, but I should have remembered that those offers were out there.

A fix to cut below 13 players would be great. Thanks for the response!
Old 10-19-2014, 09:56 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

You should also be able to sign more long as you cut down before the deadline. Cap penalties are enough!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »