Home

I hope NBA Live 15 is a decent game

This is a discussion on I hope NBA Live 15 is a decent game within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-02-2014, 01:03 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
I hope NBA Live 15 is a decent game

First of all I'm an NBA 2K fan, but I do like options and competition is good for the business as it drives both products to be good.

I really hope NBA Live 15 turns out to be a good or at least decent game. I tried NBA Live 14 and it' wasn't bad but then again a it wasn't good either in my opinion. What I don't get is why EA Sports decided to reinvent after NBA Live 10, as it was good game in my opinion. I believed it was a step in the right direction and a better game than NBA Live 14. Hopefully NBA Live 15 is much better than 14 and a step in the right direction as well.

So far I have liked what I have heard/read about NBA Live 15 even if not much information has been released. Their honest approach about their current stance in terms to the competition is admirable. So I'm hoping that Live fans get a good game in return, they deserve it. I'm looking forward to NBA 2K15 but I'm also curious about what NBA Live 15 has to offer, hopefully a good solid basketball game.

The only thing I'm worried about is the lack of information and gameplay footage, they are probably playing the wait and see what 2Ks got kinda of game. But when you got a lot to prove you can't really wait for the competitor to show more as it could only hurt them in the long run. But we'll see what happens. Hope for the best.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2014, 10:41 AM   #2
Banned

ThaLiveKing's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: I hope NBA Live 15 is a decent game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air_Carter
First of all I'm an NBA 2K fan, but I do like options and competition is good for the business as it drives both products to be good.

I really hope NBA Live 15 turns out to be a good or at least decent game. I tried NBA Live 14 and it' wasn't bad but then again a it wasn't good either in my opinion. What I don't get is why EA Sports decided to reinvent after NBA Live 10, as it was good game in my opinion. I believed it was a step in the right direction and a better game than NBA Live 14. Hopefully NBA Live 15 is much better than 14 and a step in the right direction as well.

So far I have liked what I have heard/read about NBA Live 15 even if not much information has been released. Their honest approach about their current stance in terms to the competition is admirable. So I'm hoping that Live fans get a good game in return, they deserve it. I'm looking forward to NBA 2K15 but I'm also curious about what NBA Live 15 has to offer, hopefully a good solid basketball game.

The only thing I'm worried about is the lack of information and gameplay footage, they are probably playing the wait and see what 2Ks got kinda of game. But when you got a lot to prove you can't really wait for the competitor to show more as it could only hurt them in the long run. But we'll see what happens. Hope for the best.
I don't think they're playing the wait and see game, I don't think they've added a lot to the game other than game play improvements, and tweaked a few things in the current modes. I think they're limited in the content they have, so that's why it's taking so long to reveal anything, that's what it seems like to me, but to me, as long as the game play is light years ahead of last year's, I'm not even going to be mad since I'm a game play first guy
Old 09-02-2014, 03:14 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 6

All EA have to do is pick up on what 2K failed to follow. NBA2k7!!! 'Nough said!
Old 09-03-2014, 05:40 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

Im playing the heck out of the Live 14 demo, its not that bad of a game, it has a good flow to it. All they need to do is upgrade the graphics, add way more animations, make animations smoother, fix collision detections, and make dribbling more responsive, and the game will be an improvement. Looks like they addressed all those problems, we still need to see gameplay though.
If this game is between $20-$30 then im definitely copping it as a change of paste from 2K15. Anything over $30 is not worth it to me, Ill just wait til the price drops or it comes to the vault, I really want to play it so im hoping they sell it for cheap.
Old 09-03-2014, 05:46 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 0

Their is really not much to talk about in terms of general information about the game, we pretty much know everything; its a barebones game with only a few modes, they spent most of their budget on graphics and gameplay (wish a certain football game would do the same), so all I really am interested in now is raw gameplay, hoping for a TWITCH stream this week.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2014, 12:40 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 8

I actually played a decent amount of Live 14 and enjoyed it. There are several things that if fixed, will make for a pretty good game...

- Graphics improvements
- being able to defend in the paint
- more AI play running variety (Live 14 everything was dumped to the post)

I hope for many more improvements than this but those were my biggest gripes...
Old 09-04-2014, 03:22 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

In my opinion here are the areas that Live needs to address:

- Graphics: I mean if it's a next gen only game make it look like one. From the latest trailer looks like this has been addressed.

- Dribbling: BounceTek needs some more work, not as good as advertised.

- Player Animations/Movements: Some animations/movements have to be redone as they look unrealistic.The game also the game needs more animations. From what I have read/heard looks like this has been addressed.

- Post Game: In my opinion this area needs a lot of attention. Very weak post game an very little post moves available to use.

- Defense: Another area that needs a lot of attention. Defense needs a lot of improvements.

If those areas are addressed then I believe the NBA Live franchise has a chance. Definitely looking forward to see what NBA Live 15 had to offer. Hopefully it's a big step forward.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:47 AM   #8
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

No question of this game being decent. It will be at LEAST decent and I hope leaning towards very fun by Oct 28th.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »