Home

Player Movement Must be the top priority for Madden 25

This is a discussion on Player Movement Must be the top priority for Madden 25 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-04-2013, 02:59 PM   #1
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Player Movement Must be the top priority for Madden 25

THIS cannot happen anymore in Madden

Last edited by jpdavis82; 02-04-2013 at 03:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2013, 03:07 PM   #2
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Player Movement Must be the top priority for Madden 25

That is zig zag running which has been requested to be removed for several years.

That is one of the top priorities.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:17 PM   #3
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Yeah the whole movement system needs a total overhaul. I mean just look how when he turns back around and moves side to side, there's no planting, just sliding and shuffling.

Also the way the QB's look when they scramble. A right handed QB does not look like this when they have to scramble to the left. There is no technique in Madden. It looks awful.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

Last edited by SageInfinite; 02-04-2013 at 03:49 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:17 PM   #4
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
That is zig zag running which has been requested to be removed for several years.

That is one of the top priorities.
It's not just zig zag running, it's zig zag running AND mind control AI. He controls where everyone on the field is going, even defenders 30 yards behind.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:40 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
It's not just zig zag running, it's zig zag running AND mind control AI. He controls where everyone on the field is going, even defenders 30 yards behind.
AMEN my friend! AMEN! the zig zagging is terrible, but the synchronous movement of all of the other players following him is the REAL killer. Player movement in Madden is so indescribably bad, it's mind numbing. Actually fixing the player movement will open the door for them to make the game 1000x more realistic. Nearly EVERY facet of the game is negatively affected by the horrific player movement. Easily my biggest (of many ) issues with this game. Nothing tells me that these players resemble humans.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2013, 03:42 PM   #6
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Not being funny JP but it "must be" or else what? I know you are not saying it as some ultimatum but what makes you think it will be a top priority when it hasn't been for most this gen? I give Ian credit for trying to at least address it in M10 but that quickly went the way of the dodo without any explanation. I would enjoy reading any rational reasoning behind leaving the player movement like this in M13 and not one single dev bothering to try to give any insight as to why.

In spite of everything unveiled for M13 last year, many people kept asking, "what about player movement?" to anyone that would listen. I just don't see how anyone could play M13, even with all its' "improvements" and give it rave reviews and have rose colored optimism about its' future with fundamental crap like this.

You know what, I have officially gone off the deep end with Madden, I give up. If they at least address player movement for M14, I will buy it on release day or earlier like I have every year. Forget all the other issues with the game, if they can just address arguably the most important area of a freaking football game, movement, I am in. Player movement is in this current FUBAR state yet people honestly go around stating Madden isn't a crap football game and people "complaining" are being nit picky. I mean it, no need to wow me with any new feature, if M14 addresses this, I done venting about what else is wrong, I will just play it for what it is. That's how low I have now set the bar for me to tolerate Madden and I still doubt that will even happen. SMMFGDH!

/scene
Old 02-04-2013, 09:16 PM   #7
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Yeah this stuff is really discouraging.....as bad as the zig zagging is....the ai/logic in the pursuit angles are even worse

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 02-04-2013, 09:25 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Big dont blow your money man! But anyway, compare this to the movement in 2K13 a game from this same gen. Now I know its not football, but just do it, This is where we are as Football Gamers...lol

And Id also like to see someone try to replicate this in 2k5 or 2k8? Just wanna see how that looks next to this!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »