Home

Oversigning Foul Up

This is a discussion on Oversigning Foul Up within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-04-2012, 01:58 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Oversigning Foul Up

Have any of you ever done this...

I was in the offseason and had new recruits pop up so I added them to the board. A new 5* HB was interested in me so I offered him and recruited him.

I became his #1 overall school I could have had him.

BUT... Some 3* I had on my board committed giving me 25 and I couldn't sign the kid. He ended up signing in my conference.

I feel like an idiot.

Anybody else ever do this or are you pretty on top of your limits?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2012, 02:43 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Oversigning Foul Up

It happens. It's tough when you get to that last recruiting week and you only have 2-3 scholarships left but 5-6 guys that might sign. It would be nice if it was a progression on your recruiting board that if that #1 guy on your board doesn't commit then it would go to your #2 guy, and so on...

The problem is that you still had that offer for the 3*. In hindsight, you should've taken him off your board if you were confident you would've landed the 5*.
Old 02-04-2012, 04:35 PM   #3
Rookie

rollinphat's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNSF
It happens. It's tough when you get to that last recruiting week and you only have 2-3 scholarships left but 5-6 guys that might sign. It would be nice if it was a progression on your recruiting board that if that #1 guy on your board doesn't commit then it would go to your #2 guy, and so on...

The problem is that you still had that offer for the 3*. In hindsight, you should've taken him off your board if you were confident you would've landed the 5*.
This has happened to me several times.
Also, it doesn't matter if they are on your board or not. If they want to sign with you they are going to sign with you no matter what as I've tried to take people off my board like that and it didn't matter.
Old 02-04-2012, 06:52 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinphat
Also, it doesn't matter if they are on your board or not. If they want to sign with you they are going to sign with you no matter what as I've tried to take people off my board like that and it didn't matter.
It's my belief that if someone takes a scholarship that you didn't offer, it means that nobody on your board committed to you so they were just filing spots, up to 25. Is that wrong?
Old 02-04-2012, 08:26 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNSF
It's my belief that if someone takes a scholarship that you didn't offer, it means that nobody on your board committed to you so they were just filing spots, up to 25. Is that wrong?
This is true. If you don't fill your allotted 25, the comp will sign guys to fill it. I think its stupid. I'm on top of my roster in all my dynasties and keep up with the number of players i have so when it gets to cut players, i'll be around 71-73 instead of upper 70's
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2012, 08:38 PM   #6
Rookie

rollinphat's Arena

OVR: 5

this is good info to know

thanks
Old 02-04-2012, 09:34 PM   #7
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinphat
really? i dont think i've ever seen that....that's a waste...maybe i should test it on a backup save....you sure ur recruiting options weren't ON? and those options suddenly don't work at the end of the season for whatever reason...
Old 02-04-2012, 09:44 PM   #8
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

I've personally never seen it, but that would frustrate me. There are still times in this game though that 3* end up being pretty solid, even compared to 5*. It's frustrating landing 4* and 5* guys that have a high overall rating, but not the physical abilities to play their position effectively.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »