Home

Trading Injured Players...

This is a discussion on Trading Injured Players... within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-25-2011, 01:09 AM   #1
Rookie

UnusualMattyB's Arena

OVR: 12
Trading Injured Players...

Is there any possible way to trade injured players? I am attempting to follow all the trades as they occur in real life in my association, but unfortunately a couple of them have injured players involved. I can't change my association setting and they "all of a sudden" stop being injured correct? Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2011, 08:15 AM   #2
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Trading Injured Players...

That's what's bugging me as well. I was trying to make all of the trades yesterday using the 1/27 roster update (I prefer the way that one plays compared to the latest ones), but I get in rut when trying to update the Blazers and Cavaliers roster. There's a bug that allows you to add more than the maximum number of players (15) on a team if there are disabled players, but it doesn't let you release players if there are fewer than 12 healthy players on the roster. It sucks because other than those two teams, I was able to get the rest of the trades to work perfectly. I guess I just have to suck it up and wait for the latest roster update.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:01 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Why is it that we cannot trade injured players in 2K? Doesn't this happen in real life? I was hearing that Detroit was considering shipping Tayshaun Prince to Dallas in exchange for an injured Caron Butler (obviously it fell through).

I will say, I'm thankful for maintaining my own roster this year. I tried to rely on 2K Official Rosters for 2K10 updates but the injury thing was problematic. I liked having the most updated accessories and shoes, so I'd download a post-trade deadline roster and update all sorts of things but it was always a huge bummer to be limited by all the players who were hurt or injured. For instance, I remember my last 2K10 roster housing a seemingly eternally injured Mo Williams. When he returned, I had to make a choice, download a new roster and lose all my accessory, sig, and shoe alterations or live with a roster that will have a chunk of notable players with poor ratings due to injury for the rest of the game's span. I chose the latter.

I kind of wish there was an injury option for downloading rosters for offline use.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:19 AM   #4
Pro

Brew's Arena

OVR: 9

Yeah, it is frustrating...
It would be nice if their was an option to turn current injuries off so you can play with the team fully healthy in a quick game. You should be able to trade injured players... I dont know why 2k doesnt let you.

Marquis Daniels is out for the season and he got traded to the Kings in a cost cutting move, Yao Ming and Greg Oden were in trade rumors, and as said before Butler was in numerous trade rumors.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:44 AM   #5
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

I believe it's possible to trade hurt players (players that are injured but still able to play) but not disabled players (players who can't play at all). But I agree, next year they need to give us the ability to trade players regardless of health status, especially since it happens in real life. They also need to find a solution for dealing with injuries for exhibition rosters: either give us the option to turn them on and off or create two roster files with each update.

I guess the reason being behind disallowing such trades is that they haven't figured out a way to program in the logic required for a team to consider a currently injured player. For example, in real life, a GM might consider trading for a Yao Ming or Greg Oden because of the value they have once returning. But from a video game perspective, the virtual GM can't recognize a player's value if he isn't able to play right away.

Last edited by Mos1ted; 02-25-2011 at 10:49 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2011, 10:52 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

You'll have to wait until they're no longer injured to trade them. If they're injured past the deadline I believe you can turn the deadline off in Association settings, make the trade using trade override if you have to, then turn the trade deadline back on.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:20 AM   #7
Pro

D-MAC©®'s Arena

OVR: 4

Or waive/release them & sign them to the team they were traded to.

Yes more work then I'd like , but it's better than having the player use up my CAP $$$ for nothing, & to have a accurate roster @ the end of the day is all that matters...
"Jonas Val-Su-Eno-Wow-Sauce."
aka: Jonas Valanciunas
NHL: Vancouver Canucks
NFL: Seattle Seahawks
NBA: Chicago Bulls
MLS: Vancouver Whitecaps
Old 02-25-2011, 12:48 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 7

You can. Trade the player you're swapping the injured player for first. For example, If I want Daniels on the Kings, add a low rated CAP/FA (so the contracts don't get messed up) to the Kings and trade him to the Celtics for Daniels.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »