Home

Create A Team Question

This is a discussion on Create A Team Question within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-23-2010, 02:32 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Create A Team Question

Does anyone know how this works in MLB 2K10?

For instance, I created my team, added my players but it never gave me an option to save it

I was looking for a way to use my created team in franchise, or is this not possible?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2010, 11:57 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Create A Team Question

I messed around with this for a minute but the unis looked so horrible i dont think i never finished it,i gotta get up at 5am tommrow but if no one answers by tommrow night i can go through it and see how.
Educated guess would be(if you figure out how to save it)once you go to francise mode press Y or another button(look at the bottom of your screen where the help scroll thing is)and it will probably give you an option to switch your team with another one(i do think i got this far in the process, so im pretty sure you can do it but it was the same day i bought the game and i havent tried it since then).Hope that helps.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:45 PM   #3
Rookie

I'm going to give that a try tonight, and report back
Old 03-26-2010, 11:24 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Any update on this? I honestly didn't even realize there was a "create a team" option this year. But I won't go through all the hassles if they can't be used in a franchise mode. I've read mixed reports on this, so a definitive yes or no would be awesome.
"I was telling George Kottaras behind the plate, 'How do you even catch Wakefield's knuckle?'" Oakland shortstop Orlando Cabrera said. "He was like, 'I just close my eyes.' And I said, 'OK, I'm going to try that one, I'm going to close my eyes and swing.' And nothing."
Old 03-26-2010, 12:03 PM   #5
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

You cannot use create a team for franchise mode.

Only for "Play Ball" Mode.

Which is silly IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2010, 12:50 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
You cannot use create a team for franchise mode.

Only for "Play Ball" Mode.

Which is silly IMO.
Wow.

That is a huge dropped ball. What is the point of going through the whole process of creating a team if you can't use it? I can understand 2K trying to avoid people building uber-teams for franchise mode, but at least make it so that you can import your team and be forced to do a fantasy draft.

This is a huge mistake, I think, and the first thing that really turns me off with this game this year. I've loved it otherwise, but this is just bad.

Ah well... maybe next year.
"I was telling George Kottaras behind the plate, 'How do you even catch Wakefield's knuckle?'" Oakland shortstop Orlando Cabrera said. "He was like, 'I just close my eyes.' And I said, 'OK, I'm going to try that one, I'm going to close my eyes and swing.' And nothing."
Old 03-26-2010, 01:06 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Be careful with the create a team mode....You can only use it in play a game mode, and I've had a problem with it locking up my franchise when the new rosters get downloaded and players that I put on that team got moved to other teams.....A fun mode, but silly if you can't use it in franchise....
Old 03-26-2010, 04:05 PM   #8
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmorning
Be careful with the create a team mode....You can only use it in play a game mode, and I've had a problem with it locking up my franchise when the new rosters get downloaded and players that I put on that team got moved to other teams.....A fun mode, but silly if you can't use it in franchise....
Yes, I have received several reports of people who made create-a-teams find their game freeze up whenever living rosters try and load up.

Since you cant use them in franchise mode anyway....

Im just avoiding the create-a-team feature all-together....

Since this feature is so successful in Madden10, Im hoping it gets more attention, and functions properly next year.

But thats ok, Im so hooked on regular franchise mode and myplayer mode it doesnt bother me much.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »