Home

Info On Madden 25'

This is a discussion on Info On Madden 25' within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-09-2024, 12:39 AM   #1
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Info On Madden 25'

I know some may not like the source, but there are some really nice potential nuggets in this video, including EA hiring the guy that was head over NFL Head Coach 09' to take over Franchise Mode, and 3 different commentary teams. Take with a grain of salt.

https://youtu.be/YS-VTzOgp70?si=QLbHu7UUtH6LrK3l
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2024, 12:47 AM   #2
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Info On Madden 25'

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
I know some may not like the source, but there are some really nice potential nuggets in this video, including EA hiring the guy that was head over NFL Head Coach 09' to take over Franchise Mode, and 3 different commentary teams. Take with a grain of salt.

I wouldn't get my hopes up
Didn't they hype up a former MLB The show dev to work on Franchise years ago
How did that workout

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
Old 06-09-2024, 11:02 AM   #3
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:

Hmm, maybe the main cbs and Monday night football crews? I’d be fine with that with generic ea branding. Charles Davis said during last season they were doing multiple commentary teams.
Old 06-09-2024, 12:49 PM   #4
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
Hmm, maybe the main cbs and Monday night football crews? I’d be fine with that with generic ea branding. Charles Davis said during last season they were doing multiple commentary teams.
Also made mention of a Create-a-Team feature like Teambuilder. I thought it was interesting that he said they hired the guy who was over NFL Head Coach to head up Franchise mode. He said the guy said he inherited a mess and the guys who were in charge before didn't know what they were doing... ALLEGEDLY. Again, all of this with a grain of salt but it would be great if there is actually a Create-A-Team mode like it was in the Maddens of the PS2 era. Also, three different commentary teams would be cool too.
Old 06-09-2024, 04:30 PM   #5
Five Becomes Four

Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
including EA hiring the guy that was head over NFL Head Coach 09' to take over Franchise Mode
The most public-facing figure associated with EA Sports in relation to NFL Head Coach 09 is Josh Looman. He was very active in the Madden NFL community during XBOX 360 era of the series when many Tiburon employees actively participated in discussions on social media including but not limited to this forum.

Looman's LinkedIn page lists him as currently with a Texas company called "SimWin Sports" (which looks like a sports betting company with an emphasis on Web3 stuff). His bio on his (dormant) Twitter page still self-describes him as a "former senior Madden designer".

It's extremely likely there were multiple people who spearheaded NFL Head Coach 09, so it's possible this video is referring to someone else, but that game was very publicly described as a project Josh personally championed within EA Sports and it was kinda sorta his pet project (as much as any AAA video game can be). If this YouTube video name-checked Josh Looman specifically — I haven't listened to it, nor do I intend to given the source — there is currently a lack of corroborating evidence that Josh has returned to Orlando to work on Madden.

We'll all find out soon enough on Thursday what's happening with Madden, though, so I'm not too worried about any of this. Just... grain of salt and all that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2024, 04:37 PM   #6
Five Becomes Four

Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbayless
Didn't they hype up a former MLB The show dev to work on Franchise years ago
How did that workout
Speaking for myself: Madden NFL 17, the last game in the series which credits Kolbe Launchbaugh as creative director, was my personal jumping-off point for diving deep into football; it was the first football video game ever to both show off single-gap run fits to the user and (more importantly for me) implement pattern-match coverage.

Madden 17 also was the catalyst for my having the opportunity to move out from Virginia to Los Angeles.

Personally, I think that game did just fine.
Old 06-09-2024, 07:47 PM   #7
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:

if true this is bad news for me NFL head coach 09 u could only contal 1 team also on my copy of the game after around 45 min the game would freeze and not play
Old 06-09-2024, 08:11 PM   #8
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerwoods
if true this is bad news for me NFL head coach 09 u could only contal 1 team also on my copy of the game after around 45 min the game would freeze and not play

Sure because everything is gonna change. Dude, just stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Want to follow my Franchises? Join my discord: https://discord.gg/nHbNCWmmGs

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »