Home

Which Team Should I Use in Dynasty?

This is a discussion on Which Team Should I Use in Dynasty? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-06-2024, 04:58 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Which Team Should I Use in Dynasty?

I’ve played Madden for a long time but I’ve never any college football games. I’m from the UK and don’t really follow college football so know very little about the teams. I only take an interest in college as it pertains to the NFL draft so I have a vague idea of who the powerhouse schools are, what a handful of teams are known for etc but little beyond that.

EA Sports College Football looks fun though so I’m going to buy and play that. I’m only really interested in the Dynasty mode so I’ll need a team to start with and I’m looking for recommendations.

I don’t want to be an absolutely bottom feeder but I also don’t want to use like Alabama or someone like that.

I’d like the team to have a couple of players who are fun, interesting, dynamic or different in some way. Players who can be engaging to have on the team the very first season.

I’ll likely be putting a series on my YouTube channel so I’d also like the team to be one that will draw interest from viewers but also not one that bigger and more popular YouTubers might be using on their own channels.

I’m also a Colts fan so it wouldn’t hurt if the team was somehow related to that.

I’m thinking Colorado could be a good idea? They have Sanders at QB who will probably declare after year one so you get a fun prospect to play with the first year but will have to recruit to replace him pretty quickly. I’m not sure if they’ll be a popular choice for a lot of people though given their recent history.

Last edited by Mackrel829; 06-06-2024 at 05:14 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2024, 07:51 AM   #2
Just started!

Re: Which Team Should I Use in Dynasty?

As a die hard college football fan and a fan of EA Sports College football I can say you will love NCAA Football. Should be a great introduction to the love College football has on people. I don't think Colorado would be a good squad to use. They are one of the most popular teams in the sport with Prime as their coach. The key to college football dynasty is to take a bottom feeder and make them good. You might stink the first couple of years but that is the point. Build them up to something good. You could make it realistic and start at a low level (MAC, C-USA, and Sun Belt) program, then take a mid level program (AAC) team, then get a power 4 job (SEC, B1G, ACC, Big 12). If you dont want to take that path then start at a bad power 5 job and build them up. That would be Indiana, Vanderbilt, Virginia, Boston College, Arizona State, Cal, Stanford, etc. These should be tough rebuilds that would interest people. Just some food for thought.
Old 06-06-2024, 09:46 AM   #3
Rookie

Maybe Kansas?

They've really rebuilt and have a fun, dynamic qb and they run a really fun offense with a lot of looks, option, and misdirection.
Old 06-06-2024, 02:17 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfrk
Maybe Kansas?

They've really rebuilt and have a fun, dynamic qb and they run a really fun offense with a lot of looks, option, and misdirection.
Play with Penn State! We just stole the Kansas OC, so we’ll do all of that except with better players. :-)
Old 06-06-2024, 02:25 PM   #5
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeArePSU40
Play with Penn State! We just stole the Kansas OC, so we’ll do all of that except with better players. :-)
All to lose to Ohio St, Michigan and Oregon.
Want to follow my Franchises? Join my discord: https://discord.gg/nHbNCWmmGs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2024, 02:28 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

If you're wanting a team that's a potential playoff contender with some interesting players, then there are teams like Missouri with star WR Luther Burden III who may be the best rated WR in the game.

Tennessee has some talent and a unique offense with an inexperienced QB with a high ceiling in Iamaleava.

Miami has transfer QB Cam Ward who has the potential to be one of the best QB's in the nation. He's a 1-year rental and will be paired with Damien Martinez, another 1-year rental from the Portal who is getting hype as one of the best RB's in the nation.

Florida State just went 13-1 last year, missed the playoffs, lost a lot of talent, but is going to be a playoff contender yet isn't really in the same tier as a Bama, Georgia, Ohio State, Michigan, etc.

Ole Miss is going to have a lot of offensive firepower with a questionable defense. If you can get the defense playing well, a playoff berth is definitely in the picture.

Clemson was once in that upper tier but has taken a step back in the last couple of years due to QB play. They still have plenty of talent and are definitely a potential playoff team if you can get some stability at QB.

There are definitely more teams than just these in a similar situation, but these are the first ones that popped up in my head.

― Plato
Old 06-06-2024, 02:42 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gossett55
As a die hard college football fan and a fan of EA Sports College football I can say you will love NCAA Football. Should be a great introduction to the love College football has on people. I don't think Colorado would be a good squad to use. They are one of the most popular teams in the sport with Prime as their coach. The key to college football dynasty is to take a bottom feeder and make them good. You might stink the first couple of years but that is the point. Build them up to something good. You could make it realistic and start at a low level (MAC, C-USA, and Sun Belt) program, then take a mid level program (AAC) team, then get a power 4 job (SEC, B1G, ACC, Big 12). If you dont want to take that path then start at a bad power 5 job and build them up. That would be Indiana, Vanderbilt, Virginia, Boston College, Arizona State, Cal, Stanford, etc. These should be tough rebuilds that would interest people. Just some food for thought.
If I had the time, I would absolutely do something like this, but there’s only a month between the EASCFB and Madden releases and I imagine I’ll be moving straight on to Madden, so I think I’ll only get the most out of the game for about 6 weeks or so. But I appreciate the suggestions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfrk
Maybe Kansas?

I’ll look into them. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeArePSU40
I’ll check them out. Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
If you're wanting a team that's a potential playoff contender with some interesting players, then there are teams like Missouri with star WR Luther Burden III who may be the best rated WR in the game.

Tennessee has some talent and a unique offense with an inexperienced QB with a high ceiling in Iamaleava.

Miami has transfer QB Cam Ward who has the potential to be one of the best QB's in the nation. He's a 1-year rental and will be paired with Damien Martinez, another 1-year rental from the Portal who is getting hype as one of the best RB's in the nation.

Florida State just went 13-1 last year, missed the playoffs, lost a lot of talent, but is going to be a playoff contender yet isn't really in the same tier as a Bama, Georgia, Ohio State, Michigan, etc.

Ole Miss is going to have a lot of offensive firepower with a questionable defense. If you can get the defense playing well, a playoff berth is definitely in the picture.

Clemson was once in that upper tier but has taken a step back in the last couple of years due to QB play. They still have plenty of talent and are definitely a potential playoff team if you can get some stability at QB.

There are definitely more teams than just these in a similar situation, but these are the first ones that popped up in my head.
These sound like the kind of teams I’m after. Miami and Clemson in particular. I’ll do some research but those could be winners.

What would Florida (Gators) be like? The Colts obviously recently drafted Anthony Richardson so I guess they tie loosely into my Colts fandom. And I’ll be doing a Colts Franchise series when Madden drops too.

Also, Florida State went 13-1 and missed the playoffs?! I have a lot to learn about how college football works lol.
Old 06-06-2024, 02:45 PM   #8
YaBoyRobRoy

LopaKa's Arena

OVR: 7

Virginia Tech and Kansas State both have never won a championship in a team sport so that would be fun to bring them their first title.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »