Home

Why no PC version?

This is a discussion on Why no PC version? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-01-2024, 01:28 PM   #1
Rookie

GridironGreat's Arena

OVR: 0
Why no PC version?

I know it’s been discussed to death but this is irritating. It’s on every single other platform, given away free even with a gamepass subscription, yet we can’t get a PC port?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2024, 01:30 PM   #2
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Re: Why no PC version?

Its hard to swallow, considering all games are built on PC architecture these days.

I'd love to hear their reasoning directly.
Old 03-01-2024, 03:52 PM   #3
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

I wonder the same because clearly it shows them bringing it to the Xbox made them more money. I wish they would bring it to the PC as well so we could have better graphics and be able to mod the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-01-2024, 04:34 PM   #4
MVP

LegendKillerOne's Arena

I think they are scared to put it on PC and have mods mess with it and make it better than they can. I mean look how many people are unhappy right now. Imagine you give mods a chance to improve it.

Might sound silly but it's not. Every baseball game back in the day on pc, like high heat, mvp, etc. The mods made the game so much better. Hell i use to log into high heat and every team you played had their home stations logos on the screen, things like that. Was amazing.
Old 03-01-2024, 05:14 PM   #5
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

OVR: 10

I think cheating is their biggest concern. This would require the development of an anti-cheat system so people could play online.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2024, 07:52 PM   #6
№¹ Bad Boy.

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendKillerOne
I think they are scared to put it on PC and have mods mess with it and make it better than they can. I mean look how many people are unhappy right now. Imagine you give mods a chance to improve it.

Might sound silly but it's not. Every baseball game back in the day on pc, like high heat, mvp, etc. The mods made the game so much better. Hell i use to log into high heat and every team you played had their home stations logos on the screen, things like that. Was amazing.
I think its partly a combination of this PLUS, MLB doesn't want it. They seem to be highly and overly protective of their image.
Old 03-01-2024, 08:11 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Laziness probably. Or they are waiting for a more dramatic update of the game engine before porting it. I'm really hoping the reason why the latest versions are hardly changed is because they started work on revamping the graphics for next year, but I doubt it.
Old 03-04-2024, 11:48 AM   #8
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

I don't think Modding would dramatically change this game. At least not in comparison to Madden.

It plays great between the lines. Its been the best playing baseball game ever for a very long time now.

Visually, yeah. Jersey and field textures jump right off the page. Player movement/animations.. but could that be modded?

Its not like layers can be added to Franchise. Like managing your parking or concessions, or stuff like advanced draft scouting. I would hope modding could beef up CPU AI as far as team management. I'm sure I'm missing something here, but nothing else is really jumping off the page.

A roster editor would be the game changer. I would hope we could edit stats as well. We could have tons of retro seasons in a matter of days, not the months it takes to create them now.

I don't think rosters and jersey swatches are the hangup here. As another user said, its the cheating capability. Which, another example of online gaming ruining everything for sports games.

I still would like to hear the 'whys' from them though.

Last edited by Madden08PCgmr; 03-04-2024 at 11:50 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »