Home

Why Are There No D-Line Stunts in Madden?

This is a discussion on Why Are There No D-Line Stunts in Madden? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-12-2023, 10:30 AM   #1
Rookie

jahswill's Arena

OVR: 7
Why Are There No D-Line Stunts in Madden?

I'm enjoying Madden this year, I'm just curious as to why we are in 2023 and the game doesn't have any D-Line stunts? Stunts are a huge part of simulation football!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2023, 08:48 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Why Are There No D-Line Stunts in Madden?

Because there is no leverage in madden. Defenders are sucked into blockers. Madden 17 was the only madden to apply leverage. Think about it, they got weak TEs sealing edges on much better DEs even of the DE has outside leverage. Game is just a mess.
Old 11-12-2023, 10:36 PM   #3
Five Becomes Four

Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Clint Oldenburg has spoken multiple times over the years about how their team wants to implement defensive line stunts / games into Madden, but there were (and I guess still are) several video game design concerns which have prevented EA Sports from getting them into the game.

Hopefully we get them sooner than later. Defensive line stunts are increasingly important to the success of a pass rush, and they've arguably been more visible on Sundays thus far this season than ever before.
Old 11-12-2023, 10:38 PM   #4
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

I would imagine average Madden players aren't aware how they work or even something like that even exists. The same reason why they went back from match coverage to spot drop.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Old 11-12-2023, 10:43 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 2

also curious as to why there’s no defensive holding penalties? one of the most called penalties in the game

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2023, 01:38 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Clint Oldenburg has spoken multiple times over the years about how their team wants to implement defensive line stunts / games into Madden, but there were (and I guess still are) several video game design concerns which have prevented EA Sports from getting them into the game.

Hopefully we get them sooner than later. Defensive line stunts are increasingly important to the success of a pass rush, and they've arguably been more visible on Sundays thus far this season than ever before.
This is where I have a semblance of hope for NCAAF when it releases next year. Supposedly being built from the ground up and from what I heard amd please someone correct me if I am wrong, it will not be using the frostbite engine. Developers of Madden has always stated that they would at least need a year or two to truly clean up the legacy code to be able to fix Madden. Hopefully if NCAAF delivers on being better than Madden on the gameplay front, the Madden team could take NCAAF's base code and use it for Madden going forward.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
Texas Rangers
San Antonio Spurs
Corpus Christi Hooks
Old 11-13-2023, 04:13 PM   #7
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe

Yeah the last time i remember him talking about it was the making madden podcast that Swami did I think. On there Clint said it would all be for show and not affect gameplay and they didn't want to add it if it wasn't being done right. He wants it in, but wants it to mean something.
Old 11-13-2023, 04:18 PM   #8
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_ZomBevo
This is where I have a semblance of hope for NCAAF when it releases next year. Supposedly being built from the ground up and from what I heard amd please someone correct me if I am wrong, it will not be using the frostbite engine. Developers of Madden has always stated that they would at least need a year or two to truly clean up the legacy code to be able to fix Madden. Hopefully if NCAAF delivers on being better than Madden on the gameplay front, the Madden team could take NCAAF's base code and use it for Madden going forward.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
According to this article, they are still going to use the frostbite engine...

Quote:
In February 2021 EA Sports made an announcement regarding their intention to return to the world of college football video games. They revealed their plans to release NCAA Football 24 a game that is being developed using EA’s renowned Frostbite engine. Interestingly this engine is also utilized for creating the Madden NFL games.
https://sportzhive.com/college-footb...24-coming-out/

I get that the article mentions from 2021, and it may have changed but I highly doubt it.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »