Home

Caleb Williams : Cover athlete for new NCAA ?

This is a discussion on Caleb Williams : Cover athlete for new NCAA ? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-22-2023, 01:14 PM   #1
*p*r*t**n Sp*rts J*nk**

snaz16's Arena

OVR: 5
Caleb Williams : Cover athlete for new NCAA ?

So while watching some terrific Saturday action yesterday,there was one of the Dr. Pepper "Fanville" commercials with Caleb Williams in it,with one of the regular actors from those commercials,with the theme of Caleb being cursed. W/o going into the whole thing,part way through it, Caleb mentions he is on a magazine and video game cover. I can't see the video cover and it appears only for a couple of seconds. Purely speculation,but I can't help but wonder if he will be on the cover? Anyone else see this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2023, 04:09 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Caleb Williams : Cover athlete for new NCAA ?

I've seen others mention this. I won't be surprised if he is on the cover, but I doubt EA has actually made a choice or an offer to anyone yet. I do think that this is a great opportunity for EA to do something different and not have one player on the cover and really do something that glorifies to return of college football gaming.

― Plato
Old 10-22-2023, 11:35 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 0

Will "**** UTAH" be painted on his fingernails for the cover despite the opposite happening yet again?
Old 10-23-2023, 12:12 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I've seen others mention this. I won't be surprised if he is on the cover, but I doubt EA has actually made a choice or an offer to anyone yet. I do think that this is a great opportunity for EA to do something different and not have one player on the cover and really do something that glorifies to return of college football gaming.
I actually wouldn't mind them going a multi-Cover athlete like in NCAA 10. Likely will just be PS5 and XSX, but a multiple cover athlete approach would be dope.

Caleb Williams seems like the obvious choice, even if they lose a few more games. They didn't always go the "most marketable player". They either went with a player who is very marketable, impactful player of the season, or likely College legend(Denard Robinson).

I also wonder if they would go with an active player that will be in the next game. Someone like Travis Hunter would be a good choice. He is marketable, plays both sides, and the Colorado polarizing factor would make for good sales.

Thinking of the options, Caleb Williams seems like the likely choice. I could see QB as the likely choice since that is the most common cover athlete for Madden and past cover athletes. Unless USC crumbles(which is likely with them facing Oregon, Washington, and UCLA), that's the only way I don't see Williams as the cover guy. I think it would take a Heisman win for another QB to get cover. I don't see any RB worthy. Marvin Harrison JR is the a likely choice, but not sure a WR gets it. I don't see any defender as cover worthy. It just comes back to Caleb Williams, unless USC does terrible down the stretch. I think for the first game back in 11 years, they will want to go with a marketable approach. Like I said, I think Travis Hunter could be a good marketable approach. Go with the Colorado hype and cash in on polarizing factor that comes with Colorado
Old 10-23-2023, 05:32 PM   #5
№¹ Bad Boy.

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

The best choice EA could make is put Coach Prime on the cover.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2023, 09:53 AM   #6
All Star

OVR: 8

With NIL no longer a problem, they could opt for a current (2024) cover athlete. If Caleb does not go pro then he would definitely be the main choice there too, but overall it is an opportunity for them to bring on board a single athlete who may not want to opt into the generic NIL package that EA offers.
Old 10-24-2023, 10:19 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
The best choice EA could make is put Coach Prime on the cover.
That's why I mentioned Travis Hunter as the option. You can mention Shadeur since he's a QB. But, since Travis Hunter is a 2 way player and just as recognizable, he's a good option.

I mentioned him because if EA really wants to maximize hype for the return of the series, using a Colorado player wouldn't be a bad idea. Colorado brought a ton of new viewers early in the season. And they'll likely be hyped up more heading into the Big 12.

And I'm sure Coach Prime would be all for that as well. Anything that brings more positive attention to the program is a good thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUowls
With NIL no longer a problem, they could opt for a current (2024) cover athlete. If Caleb does not go pro then he would definitely be the main choice there too, but overall it is an opportunity for them to bring on board a single athlete who may not want to opt into the generic NIL package that EA offers.
Yeah, if it's not Caleb Williams, I would like to see a current player. I'm sure the school wouldn't mind since it will bring a lot more attention to the program and will help with recruiting
Old 10-24-2023, 07:45 PM   #8
All Star

If they don't get Deion Sanders it will be a missed opportunity.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »