Home

NHL 24 Hands-On Preview - NHL 07's Link to the Present

This is a discussion on NHL 24 Hands-On Preview - NHL 07's Link to the Present within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-16-2023, 11:00 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

At EA's unveiling of NHL 24, it kicked off with Cale Makar saying how stoked he...

Written By: Chase Becotte

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2023, 11:31 AM   #2
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: NHL 24 Hands-On Preview - NHL 07's Link to the Present

True Broadcast is back (in two forms) and I wrote oodles more that y'all should scope out. I also will look through some of those questions today and see which I can answer.

ON TOP OF THAT, if you have new gameplay questions you want to ask now after reading everything, let me know and I will try to answer them or get them to the devs to answer.
Old 08-16-2023, 11:37 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

https://www.rds.ca/balle-courbe/nhl-...tes-1.17367805
Old 08-16-2023, 11:48 AM   #4
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibibanax
https://www.rds.ca/balle-courbe/nhl-...tes-1.17367805
For the record, they're just not talking about those things yet, they even left those modes off our builds so we couldn't even poke around. I have no idea how much has or has not changed, but they were explicit about saying that was for later in the cycle when they would talk about them.
Old 08-16-2023, 11:57 AM   #5
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
True Broadcast is back (in two forms) and I wrote oodles more that y'all should scope out. I also will look through some of those questions today and see which I can answer.

ON TOP OF THAT, if you have new gameplay questions you want to ask now after reading everything, let me know and I will try to answer them or get them to the devs to answer.

You mentioned there are more point shots by dmen. Is that in normal gameplay or only in high pressure situations. From nhl 21 to 23, the dmen rarely shot, unless editing their attributes, which helps, but still not real NHL dmen shot frequency.

Can you discuss about this more in depth?

Regarding the goalie fatigue scenario, can we toggle this on or off just in case the mechanic is unbalanced.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by phillyfan23; 08-16-2023 at 12:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2023, 12:24 PM   #6
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Of all things, Icon Passing excites me the most. There is NOTHING more infuriating in past games than trying to build o-zone pressure only for my player to pass the puck right out of the zone down to my goalie when I was damn sure I was holding directly at my Dman.

It just drove me up the wall how passing felt when I wanted to play the game at a rate that felt similar to how when I used to play hockey myself. And it just wasn't feasible it seemed.

Icon Passing is going to be a breath of fresh air when I click the icon and I know precisely who the pass is going to. Thank the hockey gods.
Old 08-16-2023, 03:24 PM   #7
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:

Great write up Chase

1. Did it feel like the AI was using the 1-3-1 properly? Last year, it never looked like the AI could quite get a good handle on it. Also, curious about PP AI in general during your time previewing the game.

2. Can you say more about replays? Were replays for CPU goals shown (maybe I missed this and you said yay or nay there)?

3. Is True Broadcast Legacy the camera from 22 and prior years OR is there a new broadcast cam this year and Legacy is the updated camera from 23?

Old 08-16-2023, 03:47 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
For the record, they're just not talking about those things yet, they even left those modes off our builds so we couldn't even poke around. I have no idea how much has or has not changed, but they were explicit about saying that was for later in the cycle when they would talk about them.
Are you allowed to say something about the new player likenesses. I mean the new added real faces ? Or to say something about the headshot Images of the players ? The same way like the years before, that we will see so much black silhouettes instead of pictures ?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »