Home

Larger Base Pads Not In MLB The Show 23??

This is a discussion on Larger Base Pads Not In MLB The Show 23?? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-14-2023, 09:55 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Larger Base Pads Not In MLB The Show 23??

Overall I enjoyed today's gameplay preview, but I have to admit I was alarmed to hear the base pads would not be enlarged to reflect the new MLB rule changes this year.

This seems like a big miss from a gameplay and visual standpoint.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2023, 10:14 PM   #2
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Larger Base Pads Not In MLB The Show 23??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricket
Overall I enjoyed today's gameplay preview, but I have to admit I was alarmed to hear the base pads would not be enlarged to reflect the new MLB rule changes this year.

This seems like a big miss from a gameplay and visual standpoint.
I’m kind of surprised it wasn’t in. But, really I don’t even know if it would have been that noticeable in the game.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 02-14-2023, 10:35 PM   #3
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

I wouldn't have even noticed if the bases were a different size.

Sent from my thoughts
Old 02-14-2023, 11:02 PM   #4
Rookie

Ragnar84's Arena

The fact that the base size and pitch clock weren't added in franchise is disappointing but not unexpected. SDS has no intention of creating a true BB SIM game. They go above and beyond to add little details to DD and competitive mode but franchise is the red headed stepchild to SDS and gets under the hood tweaks and refresh. These are the little things that should be included at a minimum but here we are playing a game on NG consoles that's still old gen quality.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports

Last edited by Ragnar84; 02-15-2023 at 09:43 AM.
Old 02-14-2023, 11:05 PM   #5
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar84
The fact of the base size and no pitch clock in franchise is disappointing but not unexpected. They have no intention of creating a true BB SIM game. They do all they can to add little details to DD and competitive mode but franchise is the red headed step child to SDS. Those are the little things that should be included at a minimum but here we are playing a game in NG consoles that are still old gen quality.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
You’re not getting the game, right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2023, 12:16 AM   #6
Rookie

pingponggame's Arena

OVR: 3

In all fairness, the ground (and anything touching it) hasn’t been updated in a decade. Perhaps we should say, “well maybe next decade” the textures (and the size of the bases) may see an upgrade.

It’s really a shame. Having modeled 3D objects and modded objects for other games — it really doesn’t take much effort to enhance the size of an asset that’s already been built. Can’t tell if it’s laziness or pure negligence. Either way, how could any dev be happy, or even satisfied with this? Is it to spite the community at this point? Most assets in this game are still ps3/ps4 era. I just can’t help but wonder what’s really going on at the studio. They would benefit from a new engine as well. Until then, same ol same ol.
Old 02-15-2023, 12:28 AM   #7
Rookie

Siuflyer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingponggame
In all fairness, the ground (and anything touching it) hasn’t been updated in a decade. Perhaps we should say, “well maybe next decade” the textures (and the size of the bases) may see an upgrade.

It’s really a shame. Having modeled 3D objects and modded objects for other games — it really doesn’t take much effort to enhance the size of an asset that’s already been built. Can’t tell if it’s laziness or pure negligence. Either way, how could any dev be happy, or even satisfied with this? Is it to spite the community at this point? Most assets in this game are still ps3/ps4 era. I just can’t help but wonder what’s really going on at the studio. They would benefit from a new engine as well. Until then, same ol same ol.
My first thought was that it’s not the models that are an issue but all the animations associated with slides, tags, etc that need to be modified. Still a shame though without a doubt.
Old 02-15-2023, 01:06 AM   #8
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siuflyer
My first thought was that it’s not the models that are an issue but all the animations associated with slides, tags, etc that need to be modified. Still a shame though without a doubt.
Interesting theory. Now, you're sure it's not out of spite because they're lazy, negligent, and secretly hate us? Alright man.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »