Home

Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Android)

This is a discussion on Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Android) within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-28-2016, 01:49 PM   #153
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Andr

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Has there ever been any explanation as to why Konami's Power Pro and Pro Yakyuu Spirits doesn't have english or other region translations (spanish, french, etc. etc.) built into the game similar to other games on the market? Is it simply a license issue?
Both games are sold and marketed in only one region and are based on a Japanese baseball league. It would be a huge waste of time, money, and manpower for Konami to offer multiple language options when only a few hundred non-Japanese speakers are buying those games each year, at best.

There's very little international appeal to a Japanese baseball game like there is with Metal Gear, Castlevania, et al.

It would make about as much sense as a college lacrosse game having a Japanese language option.

Last edited by jyoung; 04-28-2016 at 02:06 PM.
Old 04-28-2016, 03:42 PM   #154
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Andr

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Both games are sold and marketed in only one region and are based on a Japanese baseball league. It would be a huge waste of time, money, and manpower for Konami to offer multiple language options when only a few hundred non-Japanese speakers are buying those games each year, at best.

There's very little international appeal to a Japanese baseball game like there is with Metal Gear, Castlevania, et al.

It would make about as much sense as a college lacrosse game having a Japanese language option.
So it's not a license issue? So they can if they wanted to like yesterday? Completely different genre, but asking because even with "anime" (Japanese cartoons), there are multiple subtitle tracks at the customer disposal despite anime being an incredibly niche market outside of Japan.

Plus, I'm not really referring to popular games like Metal Gear or Castlevania. What's the worst selling game of 2015? There's probably a language translation built into that particular game for multiple region. Again guessing.

How much does it truly cost and resource (i.e. free google translation) to implement a text language into a video game while keeping the japanese audio exactly the same? Couldn't it very well become popular IF the choice was possibly made available starting with only English translation first?
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 04-28-2016, 04:07 PM   #155
Hall Of Fame

The cost of localizing the game for any foreign region is more than they would make back in sales.

Video game localization isn't as simple as running text files through translation software. They would have to hire multiple employees, or outsource the task to a company that specializes in localization.

Modes like MyLife and Success have lots of story events and cutscenes that would have to be manually rewritten.

The market for baseball games just isn't very lucrative. Even when Konami had a fully licensed, well-reviewed, cheap-to-buy game like MLB Bobblehead Pros, it still ended up being one of the worst-selling titles in the history of Xbox Live.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2016, 04:56 PM   #156
Hall Of Fame

Manager mode translations are now up on Vernon's website:

http://powerprotranslation.com/manag...orial2014.html
Old 04-28-2016, 06:26 PM   #157
Rookie

RNunez187's Arena

OVR: 4

Play Asia and FedEx came through! I'll be checking it out later tonight!
Old 04-28-2016, 07:45 PM   #158
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNunez187
Play Asia and FedEx came through! I'll be checking it out later tonight!
Ho Lee Crap all the way from Japan in one day, gotta love that. Have fun I sure have been. Already drained my phone twice using the translation app.
Old 04-28-2016, 07:53 PM   #159
Rookie

RNunez187's Arena

OVR: 4

I think I used my phone more trying to setup my japanese account on the PS4. It seemed to be much more difficult then doing it on the PS3. Played a quick few innings but the speed of the game seemed much slower. Last game I played was 2013 though. I'll try to play more tonight.

PS - I was extremely surprised at how quick the game shipped. Major kudos to FedEx.
Old 04-29-2016, 12:10 PM   #160
graphic artist

C.J.S.'s Arena

OVR: 2

i just downloaded something that was 3000 yen and now it's free, success maybe, gonna check it out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »