Home

Madden NFL 15 Update 1.04 Has Arrived, 398 MB

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Update 1.04 Has Arrived, 398 MB within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-26-2014, 11:48 PM   #177
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Madden NFL 15 Update 1.04 Has Arrived, 398 MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxamander
No offense SECElit3, but you do tend to overreact to patches/tuners. I'm not seeing anything negative myself.
No offense taken. My bitching and complaining was simply to serve as a warning for those looking to download the patch. If you download the patch, you will eventually see the things that I have been bitching and complaining about. It's only a matter of time .

You will see the pass defense is dumbed down. Defenders barely react until the ball is caught. I literally watched a linebacker watch a thrown ball into a receiver's hands before moving at all. He just stood there. In hours upon hours of testing pre patch, I never saw anything like that. This is not just me. There are other slider makers making the same observations. The pass aggression simply is nowhere near what it was prior to the patch.

I made another observation with the running backs as well. Some of the running backs are making funny movements behind the line of scrimmage. There are several quirky animations I saw , but one stood out in particular. The running back was Mark Ingram. He took the handoff and his legs literally got tangled up with each other. Another animation consisted of one of my test running backs performing what look to be some funny animation where one foot never hit the ground while the other hit twice in a row. It caused the defense to react in such a way, the running back was able to scamper for 6.

Guys, I've been around way too long to make up stories. These were true observations that I never saw before the patch. The issue is that this is typical Tiburon. Now, that said, I traded my game last night. Most people understand that I do everything I can to try to make the game playable for myself before returning it to the store. However, there are just some things I can't overlook, and sadly can't fix.

It was never my intention to download the patch, but it downloaded automatically, and before I could do anything about it, it was too late.

Again, this was meant as a warning to anyone considering downloading the patch. It was the final straw for me.
Old 11-27-2014, 12:51 AM   #178
Rookie

OVR: 6

Idk I like the game post patch a lot more. The sacks aren't there anymore. The CPU QB at 10 is around 60% with missed throws.

Only issue I might have is used running is too easy. I might slide false start down to 60 and maybe bump fumble down for user.

Any suggestions or thoughts would b great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-27-2014, 01:32 AM   #179
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Dead serious when I say this is the best I've seen Madden play at it's default settings in a long, long time, and perhaps maybe ever. I'm seeing a marked improvement in the way CPU QB's are handling pressure, either by stepping up, scrambling, or throwing the ball away. And yes, it's showing up in the boxscore as fewer sacks. Even coach mode actually seems viable now as your CPU-controlled QB follows the same rules, and it's really quite fun to watch.

In 3 full-length (that means as close to 120 plays as I can get) exhibition games played - yes that's a small size but I have to start somewhere and I've been busy- I've had a total of 4 sacks vs the CPU. In the last game, Rams vs Bengals, I had none - my first no-sack game of Madden for '15. Even at 50 QB accuracy I've seen out-of-reach throws by average-to-poor QB's, which tells me there's definitely room to adjust to make even Manning or Brady throw a duck every once in awhile. And good QB play opens everything else up - the CPU will find its running game if you're actually having to defend the pass instead of blitzing for a sack all the time.

I would encourage everyone first trying out the patch to go back to the default sliders, put up with the somewhat higher than normal completion %s for a bit and try to see how much differently the game is playing. I believe this is absolutely not a placebo.

Right now the only things I'm even thinking about tweaking right now off the default All-Pro are the penalty sliders (all of them are nonexistent at the default) and QB Accuracy (slightly).

One other thing - I do see that "stutter" step SEC is talking about, but while it does look silly I don't feel like it's harming the CPU's run game in any way. Rather, if it does it at the right time (and maybe with the help of a blocker or two) it can fake out defenders with that move and open up holes. I'm willing to live with it looking dumb/unrealistic if it doesn't screw up the run game.

Last edited by bcruise; 11-27-2014 at 01:37 AM.
Old 11-27-2014, 01:34 AM   #180
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37

Just FYI, I tested the difference between the default rosters and FBG rosters and noticed the RB stumble ONLY on the FBG rated rosters. Also, this patch was a great add-on. I am really loving this game right now. I found a great mix of sliders that make the game really challenging and fun on All-Madden.
Old 11-27-2014, 01:41 AM   #181
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic
Just FYI, I tested the difference between the default rosters and FBG rosters and noticed the RB stumble ONLY on the FBG rated rosters. Also, this patch was a great add-on. I am really loving this game right now. I found a great mix of sliders that make the game really challenging and fun on All-Madden.
Could you please post them in the slider thread
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2014, 01:42 AM   #182
Pro

njdevils14's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm playing on default all madden and loving it, only changes I need to make are for penalties and QB accuracy because I'm seeing way too high of a completion percentage. Any suggestions?
Old 11-27-2014, 01:50 AM   #183
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic
Yeah for the record, my entire post above was from using the default rosters as well.
Old 11-27-2014, 02:52 AM   #184
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Dead serious when I say this is the best I've seen Madden play at it's default settings in a long, long time, and perhaps maybe ever. I'm seeing a marked improvement in the way CPU QB's are handling pressure, either by stepping up, scrambling, or throwing the ball away. And yes, it's showing up in the boxscore as fewer sacks. Even coach mode actually seems viable now as your CPU-controlled QB follows the same rules, and it's really quite fun to watch.

In 3 full-length (that means as close to 120 plays as I can get) exhibition games played - yes that's a small size but I have to start somewhere and I've been busy- I've had a total of 4 sacks vs the CPU. In the last game, Rams vs Bengals, I had none - my first no-sack game of Madden for '15. Even at 50 QB accuracy I've seen out-of-reach throws by average-to-poor QB's, which tells me there's definitely room to adjust to make even Manning or Brady throw a duck every once in awhile. And good QB play opens everything else up - the CPU will find its running game if you're actually having to defend the pass instead of blitzing for a sack all the time.

I would encourage everyone first trying out the patch to go back to the default sliders, put up with the somewhat higher than normal completion %s for a bit and try to see how much differently the game is playing. I believe this is absolutely not a placebo.

Right now the only things I'm even thinking about tweaking right now off the default All-Pro are the penalty sliders (all of them are nonexistent at the default) and QB Accuracy (slightly).

One other thing - I do see that "stutter" step SEC is talking about, but while it does look silly I don't feel like it's harming the CPU's run game in any way. Rather, if it does it at the right time (and maybe with the help of a blocker or two) it can fake out defenders with that move and open up holes. I'm willing to live with it looking dumb/unrealistic if it doesn't screw up the run game.
I'm about to get default all pro a shot in coach mode. I like what I hear in this post. Played a game earlier with previous sliders. QBs were still robo. All Pro default here I come.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »