Home

NHL 15: Early Impressions from 360/PS3 Version

This is a discussion on NHL 15: Early Impressions from 360/PS3 Version within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-06-2014, 09:37 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NHL 15: Early Impressions from 360/PS3 Version

On the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, NHL 15 is essentially NHL 14 with three new announcers plus some tweaks to the puck physics and player collisions.

All of NHL 14's modes and features have returned, except for the EA Sports Arena, where gamers could wager real money in head-to-head online matches.

If you've played the PlayStation 4 or Xbox One demo of NHL 15, you'll immediately miss that version's significantly upgraded skating and stick-handling mechanics, as neither aspect has been improved on the Xbox 360. You'll also notice that NBC Sports' theme music and presentation overlays are oddly absent from the Xbox 360 version, despite the fact that NBC's announcers do replace Gary Thorne and Bill Clement.

Read More - NHL 15: Early Impressions from 360/PS3 Version
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2014, 09:47 AM   #2
Rookie

Gotmilkman24's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 15: Early Impressions from 360/PS3 Version

the game looks EXACTLY like nhl 14. I see no difference but a puck that doesnt bounce as crazy... WHAT A HUGE LET DOWN. after seeing nhl 15 on the ps3/360 Ill probably still get it on my ps4 because Im tired of the ps3.. WHAT a huge let down...
Old 09-06-2014, 10:12 AM   #3
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26
They didn't work on this versions as it was a copy paste job with "updated" rosters. They didn't work on next gen with 3/4 of the game still missing. What did they actually work on? I understand they are a small team, but come on man. Seeing the 360/ps3 is a copy paste job, there is no real reason for the xb1 and ps4 to be as bare bones as it is. I tried to stick uo for the Dev team, but not after this news. The hashtag on twitter might just be justified.
Old 09-06-2014, 10:35 AM   #4
Banned

tomzennsbruh's Arena

I wonder if EA put more money into the NBA Live rebuild, after seeing 2k's stumble into Gen4? And then that, in effect, hindered NHL?

I don't know. It's crazy.
Old 09-06-2014, 11:17 AM   #5
Rookie

@Gotmilkman24 and you forgot to mention that NHL 14 is the same as NHL 13. EA really think that we are dumb. Maybe many people are dumb because because it looks that EA still sell a lot of games every year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2014, 11:25 AM   #6

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejay2
@Gotmilkman24 and you forgot to mention that NHL 14 is the same as NHL 13. EA really think that we are dumb. Maybe many people are dumb because because it looks that EA still sell a lot of games every year.
I don't get how EA didn't do anything after NHL14s embarrassment of sales. It was one of the worst years of sales for EA in NHL game series history. Only worse ones were NHL 08(for obvious reasons) and NHL 2005(because of the lockout)

And for people with NHL15 on PS3....

Is the custom music feature still in the game(for things like custom soundtrack,custom music played during various moments in the game like intro,goal songs,break in plays)?

What are all the soundtrack songs for NHL15?

How fast(or slow) is the sim speeds for be a gm mode(meaning like how long does it take to sim each day in be a gm)?

And gameplay/everything else wise, is it in any way better/different than NHL14?

Last edited by Majingir; 09-06-2014 at 11:28 AM.
Old 09-06-2014, 12:05 PM   #7
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11
EA Slacking
Old 09-06-2014, 12:31 PM   #8
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

This is pretty much what I expected. Yes, I think the NHL devs botched the logistics of the dev process, but we also have to consider and criticize EA's lack of interest in supporting the development of the NHL series versus FIFA or Madden.

I think a huge part of FIFA's growth is actually the investment in making it a top notch product last gen, and we've seen these dividends in the huge increase in market penetration in NA. They committed resources to the FIFA and it showed—doesn't seem like NHL got the resources investment commensurate with developing a next-gen title.

All conjecture on my part of course, but the blame needs to be spread a bit more evenly, and the "fire Rammer" crap needs to stop. I doubt resources were allocated in a way that allowed innovation across all releases. It's sad, but this is the nature of EA's annual sports model.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »