Home

Some Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details Have Been Revealed

This is a discussion on Some Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details Have Been Revealed within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 11:03 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Some Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details Have Been Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
If true, then that's an issue with Madden's simulation algorithm being too simple and not properly considering all the available ratings, which I was not addressing at all. It doesn't dispute anything I previously mentioned about the OVR having no bearing on football gameplay, i.e. you taking the field and personally throwing passes to Hester.

It's my opinion that Madden has always been built as a video game to be played, not simulated.
I got that after the fact of the discussion, that you were talking about actual in Game gameplay. The issue with that however is if you set your depth chart based on your scheme in the cfm menu and then you enter the game and go to make a sub the overall ratings are wildly different, it does not stay consistent from menu to game.

And if I want to play a 25 year franchise with the bears and try to build a dynasty I don't have time to play 16-20 games a year (as much as I wish I did).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2014, 11:05 AM   #66
MVP

OVR: 12

Not really a fan of XP. But I guess it's here to stay. Hated those practices in Madden 25. I'm hoping you can assign things for players to work on and be able to simulate those things and slowly progress younger players. Maybe even assign things for them to do in the off season, I.e. lift weights to get stronger, study film to increase awareness, etc.

I would like to see the entire draft/scouting process blown up and reworked. It was incredibly unrealistic and it was clunky. Have full combine results. Then scout college production, position specific attributes, scheme fit, intangibles, etc.

I always felt that instead of doing some random drills or practice in between games, we should be getting a scouting report on the upcoming opponent. Their schemes, top players, tendencies, injury reports, etc. and build a gameplan to go against your opponent.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:05 AM   #67
Five Becomes Four

Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopey986
The issue with that however is if you set your depth chart based on your scheme in the cfm menu and then you enter the game and go to make a sub the overall ratings are wildly different, it does not stay consistent from menu to game.
Yeah, this is something that I hope they will fix as well. This inconsistency IMO is a significant point of confusion as to what the scheme-specific OVR calculations are intended to do.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:07 AM   #68
Rookie

Quote:
Yeah, this is something that I hope they will fix as well. This inconsistency IMO is a significant point of confusion as to what the scheme-specific OVR calculations are intended to do.
Agreed. Sadly, I have so little hope they'll FIX anything. Most likely it'll flounder along for a year or two before being scrapped as most things tend to be.

It seems like ultimate team will continue to be worked on the most because it presents them the best opportunity to make more money after selling you the game.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:17 AM   #69
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopey986
Agreed. Sadly, I have so little hope they'll FIX anything. Most likely it'll flounder along for a year or two before being scrapped as most things tend to be.

It seems like ultimate team will continue to be worked on the most because it presents them the best opportunity to make more money after selling you the game.
Gameplay and presentation are what are getting the most attention. Lets stop assuming CFM is a afterthought until we hear it for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-29-2014, 11:18 AM   #70
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
It looks like the have a plan and process for the release of information. Last week and this week, it's all about the rating of players and the build-up. Next week, looks like they release the rating of the rest of the players.

Maybe next week or the following week CFM news will hit the newstand, as you stated, the next few weeks will be interesting.

At least we know it won't be all about Practice.
Yeah, I'm not really too worried about the release plan. I'm really worried about the release info though. Especially if a lot of it does revolve around practice. I can safely say already there's about a 99% chance that I won't ever touch practice. If I can simulate it, then that's great. But if I can't, which I believe will be the case, then that puts a huge wrinkle into any sort of franchise I play whether it be one team or 32 teams.

And I worry that this practice stuff has been added as the sole development aspect of players and things like coaching staffs and other management aspects have been completely ignored. But like I said, I don't want to be too negative yet given we don't know anything. I'm just nervous about that info since it is the most important to me. Can't wait for the demo though.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:21 AM   #71
Rookie

totalpoop's Arena

Quote:
If true, then that's an issue with Madden's simulation algorithm being too simple and not properly considering all the available ratings, which I was not addressing at all. It doesn't dispute anything I previously mentioned about the OVR having no bearing on football gameplay, i.e. you taking the field and personally throwing passes to Hester.

It's my opinion that Madden has always been built as a video game to be played, not simulated.
this is the problem many have with the franchise mode of late, it doesnt even feel like you're owning a team for years and year, just a collection of play now games against the computer. they totally gutted the immersive feeling of franchise mode.

and how did you not understand what he was saying about the hester example, this is why the scheme system was terrible last year, putting a 70 scrub in a perfect scheme automatically made him calvin johnson on any team.

the progression system also bums me out severely, i get everyone wants to improve their backups and draft busts but at a certain point realism has to come into play that not every player can somehow turn into aaron rodgers by practicing really hard, and the thought that the computer might not utilize the progression system as well is incredibly alarming and a franchise mode killer for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2014, 11:26 AM   #72
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Gameplay and presentation are what are getting the most attention. Lets stop assuming CFM is a afterthought until we hear it for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No doubt, I hope I'm wrong. But after what 2k did with nba and making everything in owner mode cost coins to acquire and putting all their time into my team and seeing all the time madden has put into my team (both pay to win modes) I'm not real optimistic. And most games just seem to be trending to an always online system, which stinks, I miss sitting down with my brothers and firing up a 3 team franchise and fighting to win the most super bowls.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »