Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressions within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-14-2013, 12:07 PM   #353
Rookie

8iron's Arena

OVR: 2
This years game is great and I'm really happy I picked it up. It feels like there is so much to do. I like the sim difficulty swing although I will not use it too regularly but I find the default sim settings to be ridiculous. To have no frame of reference at all when setting up your shot is terrible and not at all realistic. Most courses irl now offer caddy books and the in game perspective is not at all comparable to what you experience setting up your shot in real life either.

My only real complaint is that the country club experience feels like it took a step back this year. I don't understand the design choice to say two or more people are competing for say club pro but it turns out that the second guy competing for club champ ends up the club pro. It also continues to be dumb that sheer volume of play is the determinant for the weekly ranking. My club doesn't give the championship to the retiree who gets out for 27 holes every day but never breaks 50 for any 9. The club champ is the best player. They should really introduce the concept of flights for the online country club. This all carries over from 13, but I don't see any improvements either. Expanding members to 100 is nice except that the concept that a full club is more valid has followed along so now it's just harder to get to a full club.

Oh well minor issues. Overall the game is great and I like the story mode this year a lot even more than the tiger challenges which I liked well enough anyway.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:17 PM   #354
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressio

I just made the PGA Tour after finishing 3rd in the final web.com championship tournament. I was really excited to skip events up to the Masters to get where the season is right now. Well it took me skipping the first 4 events of the year to realize that I had to be in the top 50 to play in the Masters. That was really depressing.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 04-15-2013, 08:55 AM   #355
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressio

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8iron
This years game is great and I'm really happy I picked it up. It feels like there is so much to do. I like the sim difficulty swing although I will not use it too regularly but I find the default sim settings to be ridiculous. To have no frame of reference at all when setting up your shot is terrible and not at all realistic. Most courses irl now offer caddy books and the in game perspective is not at all comparable to what you experience setting up your shot in real life either.
I've been playing on tournament difficulty and it works quite well for me. I still struggle to break par much of the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2013, 04:40 AM   #356
Pro

Taku's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm thinking about restarting my career when the patch arrives. I believe there is a separate file for saved game and getting rid of that should do the trick and my golfer should be safe. Maybe I move that file to USB stick and see how it goes... Anyone tried that?
Old 04-16-2013, 06:38 AM   #357
Rookie

OVR: 3

I am really enjoying the game this year but the freezes are annoying.

I have lost my created player after getting up to a good level. Then I had to start over again but it did not ask me to carry over the XP again. Can you only do this once? If so that kinda sucks as a bug causes me to lose all my progress and then I have to start the grind of building my player up again.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:54 PM   #358
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Am I missing something? Is there no way to customize your clubs. I just noticed that my driver is at something crazy like 11.5 degrees. I would like to change that.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 04-16-2013, 05:56 PM   #359
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Am I missing something? Is there no way to customize your clubs. I just noticed that my driver is at something crazy like 11.5 degrees. I would like to change that.
You can tune a piano but you can't tuna fish...or a club this year.

Sorry, no club tuning this year Rob.

EDIT/CORRECTION: According to Seymour's post below, you can select different loft settings, but the tuner from previous years is gone. Thanks Seymour!

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"

Last edited by Lieutenant Dan; 04-17-2013 at 09:58 AM.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:58 PM   #360
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Go into clubs setting under your CAG and there are many settings you can choose for club loft.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »