Home

MLB 13 The Show Features Twitter Feeds From Approved and Official Twitter Handles

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Features Twitter Feeds From Approved and Official Twitter Handles within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-31-2013, 01:40 AM   #113
100 Miles To Go

Curahee's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: MLB 13 The Show Features Twitter Feeds From Approved and Official Twitter Handles

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
I need more than 140 chars to express anything.

Twitlonger.com

Jason Heyward is one of many MLBers that use this.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/kqdhs9

AND.... He's Tweeting about baseball!
Old 01-31-2013, 02:09 AM   #114
MVP

rjackson's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 13 The Show Features Twitter Feeds From Approved and Official Twitter Handles

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
My only concern is that the need for getting the Twitter feed online... what happens when Twitter servers are down? Does it slow down the user interface, etc.?

I don't really use Twitter or any other social media nonsense (yes I have no friends), but I thought it would be better to actually tweet out from the game (like the result of an exhibition just being played, etc.), so that more people have chances to see The Show is being played.

But honestly don't understand what the fuzz is about with Twitter. I need more than 140 chars to express anything.
I'm with you for every reason plus more.

This isn't an enhancement for me or really ANYONE if you think about--people who are gonna do this social media stuff will continue to do it via better media ie tablets, etc where they can actually open links and stuff.

Twitter, FB, etc does not replace genuine relationships. Plus, I could care less if so-and-so switched to boxer briefs and what they had for breakfast. The only social interface crap I have an account for is LinkedIn and that is only for professional reasons.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:17 AM   #115
100 Miles To Go

Curahee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjackson
Plus, I could care less if so-and-so switched to boxer briefs and what they had for breakfast.
I get your point, but its much more than that. Many players tweet pics of events they attend, charity functions, fan fests, etc. Many hold contests for autographed jerseys, balls, hats, gloves. Some even interact directly one on one. Where else are you gonna go and have a ball player comment on what YOU had for breakfast. I mean really. I get the Twitter hate. I used to be a Twitter hat.er too, but when I realized that alot of the guys on there are really cool and down to Earth and really interact with their fans, it made me like it alot more. And not just Ballplayers, but other celebs too. Some are boring, but for the most part, its a cool way to see inside their lives. Something we wouldnt be able to do without social media.

My next door neighbor is Dennis Kelly, RT for the Philadelphia Eagles. Sometimes the only way I can chat with him is FB & Twitter.

I remember when I was a kid, I used to send baseball cards to players and ask for autographs. Some I got back, most I didnt. NOW? I can actually chat with them and ask them questions. Its really not the evil death star many people make it out to be.

Last edited by Curahee; 01-31-2013 at 02:29 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2013, 10:02 AM   #116
MVP

dran1984's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curahee
I get your point, but its much more than that. Many players tweet pics of events they attend, charity functions, fan fests, etc. Many hold contests for autographed jerseys, balls, hats, gloves. Some even interact directly one on one. Where else are you gonna go and have a ball player comment on what YOU had for breakfast. I mean really. I get the Twitter hate. I used to be a Twitter hat.er too, but when I realized that alot of the guys on there are really cool and down to Earth and really interact with their fans, it made me like it alot more. And not just Ballplayers, but other celebs too. Some are boring, but for the most part, its a cool way to see inside their lives. Something we wouldnt be able to do without social media.

My next door neighbor is Dennis Kelly, RT for the Philadelphia Eagles. Sometimes the only way I can chat with him is FB & Twitter.

I remember when I was a kid, I used to send baseball cards to players and ask for autographs. Some I got back, most I didnt. NOW? I can actually chat with them and ask them questions. Its really not the evil death star many people make it out to be.
I don't think it is so much Twitter hate. It's more that some of us find it pointless to put it in the game. And alot of the linkable stuff (pictures and other things) probably wont be viewable in game.

However, if it was a twitter feed at the bottom of the screen I could see that being entertaining to an extent.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:05 AM   #117
MVP

dran1984's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovesports
I actually love this for a number of reasons. One, it brings life and personality to computerized players who in reality we know nothing about. Maybe you're thinking about signing a player in your franchise but then you read his "Real" tweets and realize he's an idiot in real life and he has no business being on your team. Maybe youre about to cut a guy but then he tweets something sad that happened to him in real life and you feel bad and change your mind. I am actually extremely excited about this. Besides...who actually gets their news from twitter?!

Alot of people actually get there news of twitter...sports world as well as politics and mainstream news.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:18 AM   #118
100 Miles To Go

Curahee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
Alot of people actually get there news of twitter...sports world as well as politics and mainstream news.

Especially sports. Certain media like ESPN & MLBN, usually Tweet when they are about to air breaking news or special interviews.
When you have their feeds sent to your phone, its nice to know when to tune in live to see whats happening.
Also many news media Tweet like CNN, ABC... etc.
We cant be glued to a TV all day to be in the loop on current events.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:24 AM   #119
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30
Just curious, how many people use (or even know about) the MLB.com news feed that's currently in the game? I think it's great, and the fact it works year round is awesome. Maybe they should reintroduce that feature and give it a little more exposure too... the Twitter integration is really just an (more intimate) extension of that. Just another avenue for accessing more info as it pertains to real-life MLB.

-- Sent from the Future...

YouTube

Old 01-31-2013, 11:25 AM   #120
Pro

agentlaw13's Arena

OVR: 9
I follow alot of MLB players and MLB related accounts on twitter. When i first signed up i was just really checking it out to see what the fuss was all about. Now it is my favorite form of social media. I dont tweet alot but I get alot of baseball news on twitter and also get an inside glimpse of the players lives in the baseball world and it is really cool.

Of course some guys arent gonna care for the feature and some guys will dig it . But again, for the ones that arent interested in it right now, you should be open to the new feature and see how it is. You might just find it cool and entertaining. And who knows, it might get you guys without twitter to take the jump into the twitterverse!

It sure beats myspace! 😃

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »