Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch v1.2 Notes

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch v1.2 Notes within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-20-2010, 11:58 PM   #33
Rookie

acreyman's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Patch Notes

Is the freezing in both the PS3 and XBOX or just one of these. I have the 360 and so far so good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
The patch looks pretty decent except for some obvious misses I'm bummed to see..

-Generated rookies cause the game to freeze in franchise mode.

-Injuries/Errors in all modes.

-Severe regression of pitchers in franchise mode.

-FA signings in franchise mode.

Still a good game, but franchise mode wont work after season 1 because of the freezing unfortunately. It will be good for MLB today and MyPlayer I guess. But franchise mode...hopefully next year.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:13 AM   #34
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch v1.2 Notes

I say cancel mlb 2k11 and instead create college hoops 2k11, unless they're not allowed. Seems unfair though if EA has the license on ncaa basketball but doesn't even make a game.

It's unfortunate that I spend $60 a year on a game I only play for a couple weeks, yet I picked up college hoops 2k8 (for ps2) for $20 and have played it going on 3 years. It was also the first game I bought for ps3 a couple months ago (10 bucks) and love now more than ever.

Seriously I'd rather see them make a high school game than put out another MLB game.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:19 AM   #35
Banned

JJ_Bills9's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Patch Notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by acreyman
Is the freezing in both the PS3 and XBOX or just one of these. I have the 360 and so far so good.
Call up one of the guys you drafted after the first year and let him bat. See what happens.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2010, 01:00 AM   #36
Rookie

Wow, 2k Sports sucks bad. I waited over a month to find out they never had any intention of addressing errors and injuries, and why? Because they never built the animations in the game TO BEGIN WITH!!! What in the freak were they thinking? Two major factors in baseball and they left out them out. "We'll add them next year." Sorry, dufuses, you had your chance. You stole my money and you're never getting another dime from me.
Old 05-21-2010, 01:04 AM   #37
Rookie

Back in March, when 2k was making all kinds of promises to address these big issues, I could have traded this game in for over $40 at GameStop. Now I'll be lucky to get $20. I can't wait until their MLB exclusivity deal is over.
Old 05-21-2010, 02:10 AM   #38
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

These guys should be embarrassed about the effort on this game. I know if I did this poorly at my job, I would be truly and deeply ashamed. But then, that might be because I have the burden of actually caring about doing a good job.
Old 05-21-2010, 02:24 AM   #39
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

UPDATES
Lack of errors and injuries

For the patch we investigated all possible options for getting errors and injuries working properly but were not able to find a solution for the patch. There are limitations on what we can change in the game for the patches and this was too complicated and large of a change to implement. The proper fix for errors and injuries requires additional animations and we are unable to add animations into our game for a patch. Our team is currently working on implementing both errors and injuries into the game for the upcoming year.

HAHAHAHA all I can do is laugh at this. I am incredibly pissed off but wow this is funny! To not have errors or injuries when the game ships is beyond belief. I was calm about this problem because I figured this would have been the easiest thing to fix. Boy was I wrong. This is the most pathetic thing I have ever heard! When making the game how the hell do you not test it out enough to see if there are errors. How can this possibly be that difficult. I just can't even believe this. Errors are one of the most important events in a Baseball game. You would think if 2k got one thing right it would be ERRORS because they have made plenty of them the past few years. This would be comparable to an NHL or NBA game where a player would never lose the puck or ball. Imagine a game like that. I liked this game for the most part from the start so all of these fixes will be nice but jeez I just can't stop laughing at this.
Old 05-21-2010, 02:28 AM   #40
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
These guys should be embarrassed about the effort on this game. I know if I did this poorly at my job, I would be truly and deeply ashamed. But then, that might be because I have the burden of actually caring about doing a good job.
Fully agree! I just can't believe they ship an untested game out. Where I come from you work hard regardless of the job you have. It's called pride, apparently they don't have any. I wanna know if these peoples jobs are decided by sales or if there is actually a head honcho who plays the game and realizes these people are stupid and fires them. I can't stop laughing at the injuries and errors part of the patch notes. Unreal!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »