Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-23-2010, 09:53 PM   #297
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Same here. LOVE the view. Can't wait to try out My Player Mode....
Ugh...I HATE the view. I can see why some people like it (it is easy to read pitches), but man...it really makes the depth-of-field look distorted for me. No biggie though as that can be changed.

The biggest thing I took away from the demo is that it really does appear the pitcher/batter duel did indeed get some love. I had several ABs that made me get that good baseball feeling that's been lacking for so long with 2K.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:02 PM   #298
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

i'm not going to download the demo...i've been reading the impressions here, and i've already pre-ordered this game. i can't drop the cash on a ps3, and since i love baseball i'm gonna get this game no matter what.

i'm also guessing this demo is not the "final" build so i'll just get the game on March 2nd and I'll probably enjoy it. 2k9 was a bad game, but i could still stomach it. if 2k10 is better (which it appears it will be) i can live with that...

appreciate everyone chiming in here and providing your insights...
Old 02-23-2010, 10:04 PM   #299
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8

MK, glad to hear you are getting the game. Are you planning on doing rosters like last year?
Old 02-23-2010, 10:07 PM   #300
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondsfan
MK, glad to hear you are getting the game. Are you planning on doing rosters like last year?
thanks! i'm going to see what the word is regarding anyone else who has the 360. if Tomba does rosters he will do a MUCH better job than me.

I waited until the June 28th official 2k roster before i did mine...saved me a ton of CAPs. But I am looking forward to the release of this game, but I'd prefer to hold off on my roster update as I'm hoping 2k will add players that will no doubt need adding.

I'm also hoping that NYROCK will be getting this game, as his CAPs were very, very good.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:09 PM   #301
MVP

rock85's Arena

OVR: 17

I like the demo overall a big improvement over last year. The fielding while improved it just feels like it almost like its on auto fielding. The outfielders sometimes when throwing into the infield throw across their body(minor gripe) but looks awkward. The replays on off speed/breaking stuff all look like knuckle balls (no rotation) and i have seen some AI mishaps (may go away at higher difficulty settings) and oh my goodness please fix those swing animations
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2010, 10:10 PM   #302
Pro

HK-47's Arena

OVR: 8

I liked the demo a lot but, there is few things that make the game look ugly...

The jaggies! You can see them on the outer parts of the players and home plate umpire.

The base running animations... I saw two highlights of Yankee players rounding third base, and both times it looked really weird. If I remember correctly, they stopped at third base then took off for home a second later. Looked really bad, and it did not mimic how MLB players run the bases.

Another ugly base running animation...Diving back on a pick off attempt. Why does the runner dive back so fast? It looks odd.

The crowd in the outfield seats looks like it's from a PS1 game.

I saw Jimmy Rollins "snap" into his batting stance. I know me and some others were really bugged by this "snapping" in 2k9. After I saw this, I was on the lookout for more "snapping", but I didn't see anymore.

Last edited by HK-47; 02-23-2010 at 10:13 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:15 PM   #303
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Big improvement from last year. Kudos to 2k.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:15 PM   #304
Rookie

tmac55's Arena

OVR: 6

I really have enjoyed my time with the demo. I have to give VC some credit and I hope they can fix the minor flaws. The graphics, lighting and player models are excellent this year. The pitcher vs batter battle is intense and it does give you that baseball experience with it.

Game is a huge step forward from 2k9 and I look forward to the full version and beyond.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »