Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-23-2010, 04:33 PM   #233
Pro

OVR: 11
2k10 is way better than 2k9 but after playing the show for 5 months straight it still feels way behind in many areas to me. I can't explain it but the over all look and play of the game just feels arcadish to me. I don't think the crowd or the stadiums are pushing any limits in the detail department either.
It is a very smooth playing game that is for sure and I have seen some really nice animations. I still don't know how fast my base runners are which really annoys me (unless I am missing something). I realize it's on pro but when pitching it feels like softball and I think the field is way to small. I only played three games but overall much improved.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:34 PM   #234
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Weird play: Runner on 1st, Ibanez hits a high deep fly to left field. I missed the catch and it hits off the wall, I grab the ball and throw it to 3rd to keep runners on 1st and 2nd. My throw goes errant and bounces to the backstop. You would think Posada could step over and pick up the bouncer but he's just sitting in front of home plate watching it roll by. ARod ends up chasing it all the way to the backstop and picks it up. Meanwhile the runners make no move to advance on the errant throw.

Maybe just something weird chalked up to demo build
Old 02-23-2010, 04:34 PM   #235
MVP

OVR: 11

The game plays very well. I'm happy with what I saw in the demo. I do have one small cosmetic gripe with the look of the field. Maybe, it's because of the limitaions of the demo, but other than the mound, it seems that shadows are used to give an illusion that the grass is raised. When you take a closer look, the grass and dirt are the actually the same height with shadows going down the 1st and 3rd base lines. I remember seeing someone mention that the field textures were much improved in 2k10. It is a small gripe, but everything else looks great. Hopefully the textures are better in the retail version and not reduced for better frame rate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2010, 04:40 PM   #236
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Bowler
Has anyone made a manual diving catch or a manual slide in the demo? I know manual slides use to be mapped to the R stick and maybe i'm missing the timing window, but i'm totally lost on how to make a manual diving catch.

I've played about 4 games and i've had about 2 opprotunities in the IF and 2 in the OF and i've got nothing. I tried hitting X and got a throw to 3rd and i've tried moving the R stick and nothing. I seen a diving catch by the SS in the IF on a sharp hit ball, but it happened automatically. Again, maybe i'm not timing things correctly.
Did a couple manaul slides on steals (btw, the steal camera angle, similar to 2k7 I believe, is a nice touch). Mapped to left stick. Animation isn't as robotic as last year, though I still haven't seen a popup slide or a break up slide yet.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:45 PM   #237
All Star

cubsfan203's Arena

OVR: 24

Nice to see the positive impressions. Really wish I could give it a go, but I probably won't have time until Thursday afternoon.

Coaching Career of Chris Matthews (CH2k8)
The Legend of Ocho Ocho
Old 02-23-2010, 04:48 PM   #238
Bat
what

Bat's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by thornie
I believe I read somewhere they were using generic CPU modeled faces instead of blank silhouettes ala MVP Baseball.

EDIT: Here you go...

Doesn't look anything like Luke French :P Still cool to have generated faces. Hope its for rookies too.

Gotta love that logo baby... Go M's.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:49 PM   #239
Rookie

OVR: 2

Has anyone seen any camera cuts for homeruns? I hit a walk off with arod but nothing really happened, I wanna see if he pimps the swing at all
Old 02-23-2010, 04:51 PM   #240
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashmir28
Did a couple manaul slides on steals (btw, the steal camera angle, similar to 2k7 I believe, is a nice touch). Mapped to left stick. Animation isn't as robotic as last year, though I still haven't seen a popup slide or a break up slide yet.
Thanks, i was using the wrong stick.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »