Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Gameplay Video (Mets @ Cubs)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Gameplay Video (Mets @ Cubs) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-18-2010, 08:43 PM   #25

OVR: 34
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Gameplay Video (Mets @ Cubs)

They did a good job of establishing the grand view of the fields. The lighting looks much better than previous versions. Kruk and Phillips need to interact more. Right now they sound too separated, almost like a "my turn now your turn" feel there. I do like how Phillips stutters once and says, "our" twice. Nice natural touch.

Probably the best part of this video is seeing the CPU hold off on two strikes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2010, 08:45 PM   #26
All Star

cubsfan203's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Mets vs. Cubs *1st Gamplay video Discussion (GameInformer)

Everything looks pretty solid, especially compared to last year. The only problem I have from that video is the numbers on the jerseys. I don't remember them being so big and distracting in 2k9.

Coaching Career of Chris Matthews (CH2k8)
The Legend of Ocho Ocho
Old 02-18-2010, 08:46 PM   #27
True Ace

Galvatron's Arena

OVR: 9

Well, I must say besides the lighting, which looks VERY good by the way, there seems to be very little added visually. the animations still look a bit, I don't know, kinda odd. And those uniform numbers and name fonts ARE JUST HIDEOUS,along with that batting view which I'm sure will be adjustable. I am pleased to hear new bat sounds and organ music tho. All in all, I have to see some more footage and get a hold of the demo to form a stronger opinion.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:53 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

Sig Styles look great. I likes that when he missed his gesture against Ollie Perez the pitch was high & out of the zone & not a MEATBALL. The batter's box was already getting roughed-up & the game is only in the 3rd inning.

ksig mentioned the facial animations. Very noticable when Omir Santos was 2 bat. The bat on ball sounds pretty good. The lighting, oh the lighting..

I'm not happy with the way the throwing & fielding animations are playing-out. Hopefully they can do something about this via a PATCH.. maybe slowing down the animations will be a priority next year

Last edited by bigfnjoe96; 02-18-2010 at 08:55 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:54 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
the animations are kinda rough, it's like they speed them up and slow them down so abruptly i.e. Soriano getting back to 1st is so fast its crazy, too much flashy arcadey stuff on the screen, takes away from the immersion. It looks ok, I hope you guys like it.
Yep, that is the same feeling I get. There are some things I like, but the animations are not doing it for me this year. I love how the pitching animations are though.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:02 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
Sig Styles look great. I likes that when he missed his gesture against Ollie Perez the pitch was high & out of the zone & not a MEATBALL. The batter's box was already getting roughed-up & the game is only in the 3rd inning.

ksig mentioned the facial animations. Very noticable when Omir Santos was 2 bat. The bat on ball sounds pretty good. The lighting, oh the lighting..

I'm not happy with the way the throwing & fielding animations are playing-out. Hopefully they can do something about this via a PATCH.. maybe slowing down the animations will be a priority next year
YEah from watching this I get the idea they concentrated on the pitcher and batter duels and overhauling the environments, sound, lighting and player models. They added a ton of animations. But ironing out the fielding, baserunning and pickoff stuff might not be until next year. I can live with that though. I think the game looks extremely fun. I just tend to think the fielding and basebrunning will be a bit more arcadish. The game looks awesome to me though. I'm as excited about this game as i've been for a sports game in a while sadly enough lol. It's fresh imo. So many other games it's the same thing every year. 2k really made an effort to really overhaul this game and I think it looks like a completely different game than last year minus the things I mentioned. The graphics and sound pop to me.

Last edited by kgisbeast; 02-18-2010 at 09:04 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:03 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Our next video (or one of the next, not 100% sure) will lay out directly 2K9 vs. 2K10. Should be quite educational on how far we've come in such a short time. Should be mid-next week sometime if things stay on track.
From Ron. I would like to see them side by side.

FLY EAGLES FLY

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2010, 09:04 PM   #32
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
The overall look doesn't seem as nice as the Show but not bad. Just not a fan of the way the uniforms sit on the players. I like the camera angles - both in the field and at the plate.

I was a little concerned with Theriot getting the batter's eye on everything but I think that system could be good. I like the sounds of it and Derek Lee didn't see the pitch type on either of his first two pitches.

Some of the commentary was off - calling an 88 mph fastball gas. Calling a routine double play a "play of the week". But overall I liked the presentation from the replays to the specific stats in certain situations.

The pitch speed seems slow but so is the bat speed to compensate. I'm sure it's adjustable but it's kind of nice for a player like me. I always struggle to draw walks in video game baseball since I have to commit so soon.

I do hope they offer changing difficulty levels and sliders in the demo. Would be really nice.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »