Home

Major League Baseball 2K10: MLB Developer Insights - Art Direction

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10: MLB Developer Insights - Art Direction within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-23-2010, 01:02 PM   #241
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10: MLB Developer Insights - Art Direction

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
Looks like Ron may have learned his lesson, though I can't say I like his defensive attitude:

RT @jean1991@Ronnie2K New MLB Insight today?->No longer giving advance notice. People are mad over something that didn't even exist last yr via Twitter

lol, ok Ron......seems kinda like a snobby tweet, no?
I'm actually glad. This will be a good test for him, to see if he can deliver info without an announcement. I think he'll see that, until he can prove that his released info can make their dates and exceed expectations, that this is the route to go for a while.

And is he saying that check swings weren't in the game last year? I wouldn't know because I didn't own last year's game, but if that's true, that's just terrible.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2010, 01:09 PM   #242
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I'm actually glad. This will be a good test for him, to see if he can deliver info without an announcement. I think he'll see that, until he can prove that his released info can make their dates and exceed expectations, that this is the route to go for a while.

And is he saying that check swings weren't in the game last year? I wouldn't know because I didn't own last year's game, but if that's true, that's just terrible.
No, I think he is referring to the developer insights not being there. And he is being unprofessional, and slandering the user-base and potential customers, because they can not get their act together over a "screen-shot" (whatever).

There are better ways of handling things, and in this instance, he should have just said nothing at all.

Last edited by EnigmaNemesis; 01-23-2010 at 02:21 PM.
Old 01-23-2010, 01:48 PM   #243
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
And he is being a whiny child, and slandering the user-base and potential customers, because they can not get their act together over a "screen-shot" (whatever).
I feel the same way about him at this point. He acts like the Insights are a priviledge to us. Pleeeease.. He's a promoter and it's his job to release information like that in a timely manner. His attitude and the way he cheap talks customers hasn't been professional since I've started reading his responses to people and now he's further proving it.
Old 01-23-2010, 03:21 PM   #244
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
What? What is this guys problem?

Man, 2K needs to get their act together. This is not how you treat your user-base.
I thought the same thing; he's made a few snarky comments on the 2K boards about the Insight.

He's the community manager for 2K Sports, and one would think he'd be a bit more professional no matter his frustration with customers. Sarcasm and rude put-downs are not the path to building a well-liked and respected franchise.

Honestly, the entire industry (not just sports games) should take a page from The Show and Madden's play book; lots of community interaction is a good thing.
Old 01-23-2010, 03:38 PM   #245
MVP

OVR: 36

So technically we should get two insights next week, but I doubt that's going to happen.

FLY EAGLES FLY

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2010, 04:07 PM   #246
MVP

OVR: 13

Wow, it would be great if we did.

Hit us with one insight Monday and another Friday. That will make everyone do cartwheels.
Old 01-23-2010, 04:23 PM   #247
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Well, I'm certainly not getting my hopes up for anything this coming week, lol.
Old 01-23-2010, 04:25 PM   #248
Rookie

OVR: 7

he has to dish out two next week. has to.

I wish Ronnie could update us like Ian Cummings does for Madden. He started doing weekly writeups in March/April and the game came out in August.

It's almost February and we've got some screens, a writeup, some plain reviews, and skits.

But i'm sure by February we will be flooded with information. And there will be no time for complaining..oh wait
2K fans=

(Follow me on Twitter!)
http://www.twitter.com/Jerm_Weiner[b]

-I run on Red Sox, Celtics, and Patriots.
-MLB 2K, NBA 2K, and Madden fan only.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »