Home

MLB '10: The Show First Look (ESPN)

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show First Look (ESPN) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-18-2009, 05:33 PM   #193
Pro

huggerorange73's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: MLB '10: The Show First Look (ESPN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JermaineDye05

Hoping they got in the exploding scoreboard for US Cellular Field. I'm tired of just watching the pinwheels whenever a Sox batter hits a HR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesox
Listen to this man.

If you're not gonna put in the fireworks, don't bother putting in the pinwheel animation...
Have faith....they have all the materials needed to get this done correctly.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:05 PM   #194
Far from perfect

The Bimmer's Arena

OVR: 16

If online play runs as smooth as Madden I will be really happy playing in a league this year. This article has me ready to go.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:57 PM   #195
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrigleyville33
Just realized they put fans reaching over the rails for foul balls. Funny, I had that in my wishlist. . Hopefully they have weather.
Same here! I've wanted it in every baseball game I've ever played ever since World Series Baseball on the Sega Saturn had rain delays and rain outs. It made the game so much more immersive and intense when a light drizzle would start and suddenly you wondered if the game would be shortened, or just delayed. They even had great commentary to go along with it. If they could do it back on the Saturn, I see no reason why it can't be done on the PS3 other than they didn't want to include it.

So yeah, I'll be a bit disappointed if there's no weather included as that is truly the one thing that I have wanted for over ten years but have disappointed each time. However, every game SCEA releases in this series is absolute gold Jerry, absolute gold. The attention to detail is always there and I know that this year they probably spent a lot of the development time fixing all the bugs that were created during the production of last year's game. (Which from what I remember was basically coded from the ground up due to all the changes that were made). So I kind of expect this year to not have nearly as many new features as last year's game had, but that all the features will work exactly as intended.

Damn. I wish I didn't come back to these forums to get teasted like this.

Edit: Okay, I just got a little night-wood. I read the link to a preview in the "Fielding" thread here, and it mentioned Weather effects are implemented this year. So while full out rain and rain delays/rain outs aren't specifically mentioned, it does mean that SCEA has begun to incorporate weather into the game. I am officially psyched.

Last edited by Jdurg; 12-18-2009 at 11:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2009, 11:06 PM   #196
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by JermaineDye05
Agreed. I don't know what it would take, but I think it would be awesome if when you trade for a player, their picture is changed to the hat of your team. Much like with mlb.com when they photoshop the hat in there.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't this be an insane amount of work?

They would have to 'shop on all other 29 teams' hats to EACH player, seems like a lot of work to me.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:26 PM   #197
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesox
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't this be an insane amount of work?

They would have to 'shop on all other 29 teams' hats to EACH player, seems like a lot of work to me.
It would work if when they took photos of the players, it was done with a generic blue color jersey and hat, and and then they set up each player in the same pose, etc. This way the computer would just replace the blue color with that of the team hat/jersey. Would take a lot of time to setup and get done, but once the setup has been done it wouldn't take long at all.
Old 12-19-2009, 12:28 AM   #198
Banned

OVR: 60

Jdurg,

Am I reading you right. You think that SCEA goes out and takes photos of all the players? Is that what I'm reading?
Old 12-19-2009, 12:32 AM   #199
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
Jdurg,

Am I reading you right. You think that SCEA goes out and takes photos of all the players? Is that what I'm reading?
No. Just sayin that's how it would have to be done if we were to get this into the game. I know that they just use standard photos provided to them by the MLBPA, or photos approved by the MLBPA.
Old 12-19-2009, 12:36 AM   #200
Banned

OVR: 60

Oh, okay. That would cost beau coup bucks to do that. It would be the first $300 video game just to cover the cost.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »