Home

NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here 360 & PS3

This is a discussion on NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here 360 & PS3 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-28-2008, 10:19 AM   #881
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here 360 & PS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses Shuttlesworth
That might be true, but who's fault is it then? The truth is no game has gotten it right, regardless of what they try to do in order to make it look real.
Unless some of these devs want to go the Carlisemo/Sprewell route and tell these mo-capping NBA players in their studio that they're not giving full effort, this is what you're going to be "stuck" with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2008, 11:51 AM   #882
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

LOL

Well guys, Beluba told me to start the sig shot thread a week after release to see if they could patch in more sig shots and stuff. Maybe they can tweak PP's. Who knows, maybe, maybe not but it wont kill the game.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:59 AM   #883
WW*/*FC C*mm*n*ty Mgr.

stephensonmc's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDRE_OS
LOL

Well guys, Beluba told me to start the sig shot thread a week after release to see if they could patch in more sig shots and stuff. Maybe they can tweak PP's. Who knows, maybe, maybe not but it wont kill the game.
This is a MUST KDre!

We want your feedback early to see what we CAN and cannot do.
Old 09-28-2008, 12:01 PM   #884
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

There are some players that just dont shoot balanced every time....they can take 4-5 different looking shots a game....PP is on of them...

I guess thats why its so hard to get it down...I for one think it looks good on Live...hard to argue w\ a shot thats been mo capped
Old 09-28-2008, 12:04 PM   #885
yellow

23's Arena

Im sure the guys will be happy to chime in on the shots. I'll throw in a couple of suggestions... do you guys need pic or video examples though stephenson?

24th I think its just harder to get a guage on a guy like PP's shot when he's not in his hot spot section, just like when he's at the top left corner.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2008, 12:07 PM   #886
WW*/*FC C*mm*n*ty Mgr.

stephensonmc's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Im sure the guys will be happy to chime in on the shots. I'll throw in a couple of suggestions... do you guys need pic or video examples though stephenson?

24th I think its just harder to get a guage on a guy like PP's shot when he's not in his hot spot section, just like when he's at the top left corner.
Detailed text, pics or videos.

Any will do my man.

As for the different leans, if you aren't holding the left analog stick and just pull up for a shot, he's going straight up. Experiment using the left analog stick when shooting and you'll get different leans.
Old 09-28-2008, 12:09 PM   #887
yellow

23's Arena

Will do. Im so curious to see the other guys and how they play in the game. So far no player plays exactly the same which I love.
Old 09-28-2008, 12:32 PM   #888
Pro

OVR: 14

Quote:
Will do. Im so curious to see the other guys and how they play in the game. So far no player plays exactly the same which I love.
Definitely. The DNA thing seems to be working well. Playing numerous times against the Celtics - KG takes his shots in the post with his turnaround fadeaways and at the top of the key with his face-up jumpers. Allen usually just spots up while Pierce does a little bit of everything, taking 3s in my face and driving to the basket.

Sometimes, I player lock on Kobe and notice the differences in my teammates as well. When I pass the ball to Gasol at the top of key, if he has space he shoots it which is something he does in real life (plus I checked his DNA in that spot, and indeed shooting it instead of driving is his tendency). That is something Bynum never does when I pass him the ball in the same spot.

I had a great play where I passed the ball to Gasol at the top of the key, and Ariza quickly cut to the basket and instantly Gasol passed him the ball and Ariza had a nice wide-open dunk. It was great to see the cpu play with intelligence. Funny thing was, I noticed that whenever I put Ariza in plays like this open up. So I checked out his DNA and whattya know, a 30+% in cuts.

Can't wait to see how other teams and players play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »