Home

Graphically, the game doesn't look as bad as people say.

This is a discussion on Graphically, the game doesn't look as bad as people say. within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-05-2014, 12:56 PM   #1
Pro

shegotgame's Arena

OVR: 5

I think most will agree that 2K takes the cake for next gen graphics. However, NBA Live is being written off prematurely. It's the animations that are the problem. They just don't look right. Basketball players don't move like that. But the court, the player models, that's fine. Everything is just too far away to appreciate it. Even some of the faces look good when zoomed in. The level of detail on tattoos is great (something I don't really care about).

This thought occurred to me because I happened to see some kids playing Live on XBone in the Microsoft Store. The television appeared to be 1080P LED. Huge screen. For a brief second, I thought it was 2K until I saw the ESPN overlay. But on that screen, the camera looked closer to the action than I'm accustomed to when I play (my TV is only 720). Of course after watching them for a few minutes it became obvious that it was Live (I'm not trying to say Live looks better than or is even close to the graphics of 2K, so let's not start that argument).

Maybe this game will look even better if given the opportunity. I think EA shot themselves in the foot by providing such limited camera options.

Came to save the game like a memory card. - MF DOOM

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2014, 01:09 PM   #2
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I agree somewhat...I am definitely with you in that they aren't as bad as people were saying originally...

However, I think this looks better:

http://youtu.be/qSaCYxdwcQY

The colors still pop, however they don't pop to the point that players look plastic..

With that said, I can deal with the graphics..and at this point, a lot of other people are ok with them...it's the animations that an eyesore...just some really weird animations..

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 01-05-2014 at 01:33 PM.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:41 PM   #3
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Graphically, the game doesn't look as bad as people say.

I love the graphics style in the Live series.
Old 01-05-2014, 02:16 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 4

Up close game looks great. Broadcast/espn/ea game looks horrible while playing. Didnt notice this on the 60inch(main for consoles) but when I moved to me 30something inch and played closer, just looks bad.

I think everything like cut scenes and anything in replay mode looks beautiful but I still see the clay type graphics while playing.
Old 01-05-2014, 03:09 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Those red faces kinda kill the graphics for me. Animations aren't all bad but when they're bad they're really bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2014, 03:33 PM   #6
Pro

DIRK41NOWITZKI's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdudetoo
Those red faces kinda kill the graphics for me. Animations aren't all bad but when they're bad they're really bad.
Yeah the animations are only bad when they're REALLY bad but I'm not seeing those ones as much any more. I like the graphics a lot actually, they just have that style to them that I like. I've always liked Live's graphic style I guess. A little better textures and less vibrant colours would make the graphics perfect for me.

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk
Old 01-05-2014, 03:38 PM   #7
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Some aspects are current gen, some are not. I think the courts/stadiums, lighting and reflections stuff is next gen looking at times, player models are still current gen quality though. However, I like the unis and think the look quite detailed. Graphics suffice just enough for me though, I do expect a big upheavel update for next update.
Old 01-05-2014, 04:24 PM   #8
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40

The graphics are not that bad and the game is not horrible. Some people just like to pile on for attention purposes.

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »