Home

** mkharsh33 - Opening Day Rosters (360) **

This is a discussion on ** mkharsh33 - Opening Day Rosters (360) ** within the MLB 2K Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K > MLB 2K Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-22-2010, 07:19 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
** mkharsh33 - Opening Day Rosters (360) **

Wanted everyone to know that I'm working on a set of rosters for opening day...

Let me first of all say thanks to the many roster makers here...a number of those files are very nice.

My reason for doing a file is that I've noticed that on dzznuts & wookie's rosters there are NO roster naming edit slots left. I like the idea of prospects, but I like the idea of having accurate MLB rosters and key AAA guys even more. (For example: Mitch Talbot (CLE, P) and John Raynor (PIT, OF - rule v draft pick from FLA) will both make opening day rosters...but since there are no editing slots left they can't be added to either of those rosters. Personally, I don't like using a roster missing those players). If you had 2k9 you'll remember the amount of work I put into the numerous files I posted last year.

I AM going to use the 50 CAP slots for IMPORTANT prospects (deemed by me - ha!), but not all 100 (or the top 150) obviously. If you are looking for a roster loaded heavily with prospects, then this one won't be for you...I will be focusing largely on the major league and AAA rosters, because of all the available files out there, most don't have the editing capabilities to do this as there are no naming slots left.

Hopefully 2k will patch this and it will allow me to expand to this for more prospects later.

I'll be using Beckham's stance and windups, and using mlbdepthcharts.com as my main source for lineups and rotations. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

(Please note that this is NOT a slight against any of the other roster makers, just an addition to the great work that's already out there).

Last edited by mkharsh33; 03-22-2010 at 07:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2010, 07:26 PM   #2
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: ** mkharsh33 - Opening Day Rosters (360) **

mk, if you wanna use my combo set with dzznutz's rosters and beckham's stances and windups as a base your more than welcome. I will be uploading them shortly.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:34 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
mk, if you wanna use my combo set with dzznutz's rosters and beckham's stances and windups as a base your more than welcome. I will be uploading them shortly.
how many CAP slots are left (of the 50) and how many player naming edits are left (of the 150)?

The problem I'm running into is that there are still key AAA players who will definitely receive callups that CANNOT be renamed (fake players) because, until 2k patches this problem (if they even do) then I really can't use the files already posted. You cannot name more players, even if the file belonged to another person originally...

Thanks!!
Old 03-22-2010, 07:37 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Anyone needing two outstanding resources (excel sheets) can have these. They are not original to me, but awesome stuff for all you roster gurus...
Attached Files
File Type: zip 2k10 - baseball.zip (774.7 KB, 139 views)
Old 03-22-2010, 07:37 PM   #5
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
how many CAP slots are left (of the 50) and how many player naming edits are left (of the 150)?

The problem I'm running into is that there are still key AAA players who will definitely receive callups that CANNOT be renamed (fake players) because, until 2k patches this problem (if they even do) then I really can't use the files already posted. You cannot name more players, even if the file belonged to another person originally...

Thanks!!
I think the names are maxed out but not sure about the CAPS. I just uploaded them to 2kshare so feel free to check them out.

EDIT: There are 48 CAP slots left.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2010, 07:39 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
I think the names are maxed out but not sure about the CAPS. I just uploaded them to 2kshare so feel free to check them out.
Appreciate it! I'm not going to use your file simply because I can't for the purpose of my rosters. I have looked at your file and it's outstanding stuff. I'll be adding mine (within the next few days, as soon as I can) and people can take it for what it's worth.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:42 PM   #7
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
Appreciate it! I'm not going to use your file simply because I can't for the purpose of my rosters. I have looked at your file and it's outstanding stuff. I'll be adding mine (within the next few days, as soon as I can) and people can take it for what it's worth.
Damn 2k for player naming edits!!

And FYI, those are not my creations, as I simply combined Dzznutz's rosters with Beckham's stances and windups.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:56 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 17

Good stuff man... The more Rosters the better (as long as they are good ones). As you sorta pointed out.. different guys want different kinds of Rosters.

I am planning on a Post 2nd Patch Roster Project and will post a thread about it soon after I plan the layout a little more.

Cant wait to see what you have in store mkharsh.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K > MLB 2K Rosters »