Home

Penalties

This is a discussion on Penalties within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-10-2021, 03:38 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Penalties

I see this year’s Madden has a problem with very few penalties being called. Earlier this year, I bought last year’s version and traded back in because it was having the same issue. Can anyone tell me if they ever fixed the lack of penalties in a later patch of Madden 21?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2021, 03:47 PM   #2
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Penalties

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb1903
I see this year’s Madden has a problem with very few penalties being called. Earlier this year, I bought last year’s version and traded back in because it was having the same issue. Can anyone tell me if they ever fixed the lack of penalties in a later patch of Madden 21?
Not really, penalties have never worked. I maxed them out last year and would maybe get 4-7 per game, sometimes none.

Watching the Dallas/Tampa Bay game last night and all those penalties had me thinking it would be great if we could at least get half of those called in Madden.
Old 09-10-2021, 04:06 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

I agree. Penalties are such a huge part of the game. It boggles my mind they can’t fix this, and simply put an on/off switch in the game to allow those who don’t want any penalties called to turn them off.
Old 09-10-2021, 04:37 PM   #4
Rookie

Fusker's Arena

OVR: 0

Penalties galore here since patch
Old 09-10-2021, 04:45 PM   #5
XSX

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Penalties work well in play now, and so so in cfm. At least that has been my experience. I see more post patch.

There was a quick discussion of them in the A&S slider forum just today. They have it pretty much naild down over there. Check it out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2021, 04:47 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Not really, penalties have never worked. I maxed them out last year and would maybe get 4-7 per game, sometimes none.

Watching the Dallas/Tampa Bay game last night and all those penalties had me thinking it would be great if we could at least get half of those called in Madden.
So Mizzou you did notice the penalties in that Bucs vs Cowboys Game game last night?

Amazingly EA has gone on record and stated that penalties in Madden at default sliders are based on real life NFL data

Which we all know is a joke because if you touch the sliders your most likely to get 0 penalties called all game

So I really would interested to know who at EA made this determination that if you leave their penalty slider at default you'll get some form of true NFL calls.

Anyone else notice the missed extra point as well......

But that's an entirely different subject

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 09-10-2021, 05:19 PM   #7
Rookie

damion2721's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusker
Penalties galore here since patch
What are your settings?
Old 09-10-2021, 05:59 PM   #8
MVP

I don't care about penalties and I don't think 98 percent of Madden players care about penalties. I also believe EA knows this. The worst thing about the NFL is games are decided by refs calling bogus penalties and not calling flagrant penalties. They are the most important people on the field in an nfl game. I would rather the game be decided by players. I know it ain't sim and some people really want them but that is my two cents.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »