Home

OS Country Music Thread

This is a discussion on OS Country Music Thread within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-03-2008, 07:34 PM   #1
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51
OS Country Music Thread

Where are all the country music fans at on OS? Country music doesn't make up a huge portion of my total music library, but its grown quite a bit in the past couple of months. I consider myself a traditionally rooted alt. country fan since I'm not real happy with the majority of mainstream country today.

Anyway, whats everybody's favorite artists and new albums this year?

I love Neko Case and Drive-By Truckers - they're by far my favorite country artists, though I guess DBT crowds the along the country, country/southern-rock line. I saw Neko last year and she was amazing - heavenly vocals. I can't wait to see DBT in September. I'm also a fan of Ryan Adams' country work, particulary Heartbreaker. Uncle Tupelo is another band I enjoy. Hank Williams III reminds me a bit of his grandfather with a bit of pyschobilly thrown in - I can't wait for his new album to drop as I've really enjoyed his last two. Of course Hank Williams, Loretta Lynn, Johnny Cash, Waylon, etc get plays from me as well.

As for new albums, so far Brighter Than Creation's Dark is my favorite of the year, with my favorite songs being Bob, Lisa's Birthday, Daddy Needs A Drink, 3 Dimes Down to name a few, ha.

I picked up a handful of country albums today:

Hayes Carll - Trouble in Mind
Ashton Shepherd - Sounds So Good
Old 97's - Blame It On Gravity

I've only had a chance to listen to Hayes so far (my first album of his) and am loving what I'm hearing. Great music right there.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2008, 11:10 PM   #2
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: OS Country Music Thread

I'm honestly more of a "pop-country" fan, because the music is catchy to me and is fun.

I'm going to see Kenny Chesney, Keith Urban and...well, whoever else is on tour with them at the end of this month.
Old 07-04-2008, 12:31 AM   #3
Daydream Believer

Flyboy's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn
I'm honestly more of a "pop-country" fan, because the music is catchy to me and is fun.
Yeah, me too. Definitely. Carrie Underwood totally kills it. I enjoy Kellie Pickler too. The Dixie Chicks (their last album was extremely good). Jessica Andrews is great too.
Old 07-04-2008, 01:34 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 47

I like Miranda Lambert. I do like the song call "love don't live here." Keith Urban is one of my favorites. I like Tim too. Jason Michael Carrol has a great voice. I like him too.
Old 07-04-2008, 10:03 AM   #5
MVP

Tomahawk's Arena

OVR: 13

Big fan of Montgomery Gentry, Brad Paisley, Carrie Underwood, Sugarland, Kenny Chesney, Little Big Town, Big & Rich, Bocephus, Alan Jackson, Miranda Lambert, and Dierks Bentley.
  • LETS GO BRUINS!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2008, 11:04 AM   #6
MVP

jct32's Arena

OVR: 17

Big fan of country music here, most have all ready been mentioned, but I'll add a couple more, Gary Allan, and Taylor Swift

If I recall correctly Taylor Swift has been dominating the country charts, its seems like she releases a single and it goes straight up into the Top 10 or even Number 1.
Old 07-04-2008, 02:17 PM   #7
mmmm Olivia.

R3BeL's Arena

OVR: 15

I have listened to country music since I was a kid. Born and raised on it.

The stations here tend to play WAY too much from certain artists like Rascal Flatts, Kenny Chesney and Tim McGraw among others. If they play them too much I get sick of them real quick.

There is one artist that gets NO RADIO PLAY whatsoever in my area and thats a guy by the name of Jeff Bates. He's had a few hits such as "The Love Song", "Long, Slow Kisses" and "I Wanna Make You Cry" and he defines country music imo. So, I recommend you guys check him out if you haven't heard of him.

Some of my favorites right now are Gary Allan (although, he has always been a favorite of mine), Ashton Shepherd, Keith Anderson, Travis Tritt (same with Gary Allan), Josh Turner and Lady Antebellum.

Fresh Tendrils, I think you'll love the Ashton Shepherd album. There is a song titled, "How Big Are Angel Wings", it will most certainly touch you. I found myself tearing up when I first listened to it and I almost do it everytime I listen to it now.

CARDINALS
RAYS
COLTS
GRIZZLIES

last.fm/user/R3BeL
Old 07-04-2008, 02:19 PM   #8
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Give me that 50's-60's country music all day long!!! When I was in Jackson in 1998, I went to a place where they played country music and people danced like they used to in the wild west. It was great!

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »