Home

Run commit nerfed?

This is a discussion on Run commit nerfed? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-13-2024, 11:34 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Run commit nerfed?

I'm wondering if the run commit got nerfed on that latest patch that didn't have patch notes. I played a guy in online dynasty last night who consistently does outside runs and even when I was run committing left or right there wasn't much movement and I really struggled to contain the perimeter run game, even when I knew which way the run was going.

That being said, what defenses do you like running to prevent perimeter runs? Our dynasty is Heisman difficulty with default sliders

To be clear, when I am run commitment I am pushing the stick left or right, to the sideline I want to go to, not down.

Last edited by AbsoluteFury; 09-13-2024 at 11:36 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2024, 01:57 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Run commit nerfed?

What defensive set were you in?

While I haven't tested this myself, so I could certainly be wrong, I have seen comments from reputable folks in the community that run/pass commit only impacts linebackers. The DBs are already reading pass first, by default, and the DL is governed by their base assignments + whatever shift/slant/pinch you do via the D-Pad in the pre-snap adjustments.

So if the above is in-fact true, and you were in a 1 or 2 linebacker set like Nickel/Dime/4-2-5, then you are only actually instructing 1 or 2 players.

On a side note, I have often wondered about jet-sweeps. Everyone understands in practice they they are extensions of the run-game, but they are coded as pass plays. So is a run-commit to the jet sweep side effective in any way, or would a PASS commit actually yield better results?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »