Home

Rule Sets For User Dynasty's

This is a discussion on Rule Sets For User Dynasty's within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-26-2024, 01:40 PM   #1
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8
Rule Sets For User Dynasty's

When running a multiple user dynasty, what types of rules do you like to implement?

Ex. 4th and 5+ you need to be past the 50 yard line OR You can only manually hot-route one player per play etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2024, 01:55 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Rule Sets For User Dynasty's

I’m planning to install an 80 man roster cap for users (assuming it’s practically possible in the game to do this). This will help mediate the decision making ability of a user compared to a cpu coach.
Old 06-26-2024, 02:21 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Our rules are generally simple. Don't do anything the CPU can't. Don't cheese any plays or mechanics that are clearly not balanced.

We want as balanced an experience as possible and the above work in general.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 06-26-2024, 02:47 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retropyro
When running a multiple user dynasty, what types of rules do you like to implement?

Ex. 4th and 5+ you need to be past the 50 yard line OR You can only manually hot-route one player per play etc.

Going for it on 4th down? It seemed like every online dynasty I've participated in the past had stricter 4th down rules than you stated. The general rule of thumb seemed to be that 4th and 3 or less was acceptable and you could only go in your territory if trailing in the 4th.

That was something I didn't like because I rarely kick a FG on 4th down inside the 10 and always go inside the 5 unless it is the last play of the half or game and I need the 3. There have been games where I think going for the TD every time would have been a better option, but real life coaches are too conservative and don't want the heat or criticism if they fail.

Last November 4, Ohio State won 35-16 at Rutgers and this game can demonstrate my logic. Ohio State was up 7-0 after the 1st. Rutgers kicks a FG at the Ohio State 4, another at the Ohio State 3, and finally the Ohio State 2 (with 2 seconds left in the half) to take a 9-7 halftime lead. I would have only kicked the last one. One TD (and extra point) is worth more than 2 FGs. On top of that, a successful FG results in you kicking off and your opponent has a reasonable expectation of starting at their 25 or better. Missing the 4th down and they probably start inside their 5. Coming away with no points isn't the negative people tend to believe it is. Had Rutgers converted the first two (my would be) TD attempts, they take a 17-7 lead into halftime or a 10-7 lead if they went 1 for 2.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »