Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-27-2011, 10:55 PM   #1
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

TV Question

Question - so I had to reset my TV to factory settings trying to fix a problem and I lost all my color settings. How do I go about figuring out what they should be?

DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:12 PM   #2
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Probably search out your model number on AVSForum and try to find some suggestions. If you had it professionally calibrated, I'm unsure.
stevew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:12 PM   #3
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Strangely the default setting for "Games" looks absolutely beautiful, but when viewed on the TV it looks horrid. Something weird going on here.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:18 PM   #4
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Your perception of what something should look like is not necessarily color accurate. Some people like their TV on a vivid(torch) mode. Others don't. Game mode generally turns off some filters so that your response time while gaming is faster.
stevew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:44 AM   #5
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Strangely the default setting for "Games" looks absolutely beautiful, but when viewed on the TV it looks horrid. Something weird going on here.

Where are you viewing it that it looks beautiful but then viewing it on your tv. What's going on?
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:55 AM   #6
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
Where are you viewing it that it looks beautiful but then viewing it on your tv. What's going on?

I don't know - it's some crazy shit.

Basically - I've been having issues with the built-in Unisen soundbar so I reset everything to default specs today. Had to reconnect all of my peripherals and everything.

Been playing FIFA 12 on my PS3 and the colors look perfect. Reds are red...grass is green...it's beautiful.

Turn that off and go to watch Sons of Anarchy and it's like...unwatchable due to mis-coloring. Skin tones look grey...everything has a yellowish tint...it's ugly. Definitely not the default for the TV...if I turn on a baseball game the grass isn't even green.

So I guess I need to go out and get a calibration DVD and fix this shit. But I'm going to check my cables first - it's so wonky that it's making me think that maybe the cable from the FIOS to the TV is loose or something.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:05 AM   #7
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

As I thought...loose video cable. All good. Was the only thing that made sense.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:32 AM   #8
Suicane75
Coordinator

Glad I could help.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 08:38 AM   #9
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

LOL

Well actually, posting the question here did make me sit down and think "why is the PS3 color good - what are it's settings? Why is the tv color bad - it's settings are the same??" so in that sense...yeah.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 09-28-2011 at 08:39 AM.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:19 AM   #10
Butter
Coordinator

I had this a couple years ago, watching a DVD where everything was pink and it all looked like an art movie with highlighted reds and pinks, and muted everything else. Turned out my blue component cable was loose. You feel pretty stupid when you find that. Oddly enough, it kind of fit the movie ok.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:25 AM   #11
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post
I had this a couple years ago, watching a DVD where everything was pink and it all looked like an art movie with highlighted reds and pinks, and muted everything else. Turned out my blue component cable was loose. You feel pretty stupid when you find that. Oddly enough, it kind of fit the movie ok.

Indeed. I was like "oh yeah...I pulled all the component cables and reset then when I was trying to fix my issue."

Still haven't fixed the soundbar issue - I read some stuff online that suggested resetting it, but that hasn't seemed to help. Might be time to escalate that to tech support or something.

Very irritating. Randomly when I turn the TV on (so not everytime, but most times) the picture will come up fine and everything but I'll just get essentially the sound of a "static channel" coming from the speakers. If I turn the TV off and back on with the power button it will keep recurring. But if I pull the plug on the TV and let it sit for 30 seconds or so and then plug it back in there is a chance that when I turn it back on the sound will work properly. But only a chance...sometimes I have to rinse and repeat 5-6 times to get sound working.

I think the board in the soundbar is just defective or whatever.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:32 AM   #12
JediKooter
Coordinator

If the image is yellowish, add some blue to balance it out.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote