Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-31-2003, 04:43 PM   #1
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I'm Exhausted

I just spent the last day and a half in a race against the clock to get an insurance company licensed. I've never drafted and re-drafted so many documents in my life. Multi-tasking has taken on a new meaning in my book.

In short, I feel like I just filmed the geek-attorney version of the TV show "24".
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 07:16 PM   #2
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Well all I can say is good job, and enjoy the weekend!!!
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 07:22 PM   #3
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Congrats I too have had a very exhausting week.
Old 01-31-2003, 07:29 PM   #4
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

It never felt so good to sit on the couch in some comfy clothes. All I've done is drive this week. Drove 125 miles on one of my calls just to replace a toner cartridge the user said he already replaced twice. I asked him when I got there, he said yes we've tried two brand new cartridges, so I spent an hour and a half replacing parts. Finally, I found a new cartridge and wa-la, no black line down the pages. The user then tells me he thought the person he told to change the cartridge did. He was wrong, she never got around to it! HA! Thanks for the $500 service call.

Ok, sorry Ksyrup, didn't mean to rant... but I'm glad I'm not the only one who had a fun day!

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 08:01 PM   #5
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I have had one of the worst week on the job...

I didn't get yelled at but, everything else that could go wrong went wrong...

Highly stressed looking forward to the weekend...(start paying Loverboy song...now)
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 08:23 PM   #6
Ksyrup

Well, the payoff is I'm going to see King's X in Orlando on Sunday. But, I'm driving back Monday morning straight into work. It'll be worth it though!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 01-31-2003, 08:39 PM   #7
bbor
Pro Starter

I need a nap

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 09:45 PM   #8
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by Ksyrup
Well, the payoff is I'm going to see King's X in Orlando on Sunday. But, I'm driving back Monday morning straight into work. It'll be worth it though!

I saw 'em a couple of months back (opening for Dio) in a club date.

For those who haven't seen them/aren't familiar with them, they're ... different. I don't think there's a pigeon hole that really fits 'em but it's darned good whatever the heck you call it.

I mean, I knew that going in but I don't know that I can exactly describe it.
JonInMiddleGA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 10:11 PM   #9
Ksyrup

That's the thing about King's X - they sound like no other band. Ever. Part Beatles, part Sly & the Family Stone, hard/prog rock, innovative chord progressions. They've been my favorite band for about 15 years.

The new album Black Like Sunday will be out in a few months. They'll be playing some new songs on the tour (which starts tomorrow), so I'm excited to be hearing some new songs. And I'm meeting up with the guy who runs their web site in Orlando, so I'm hoping to meet them.

That whole Dio/Hammerfall tour was an odd bill. Hammerfall is apparently a poor man's Manowar, and between them and the "Metal Midget," I don't really know what the fans of that kind of music and KX have in common. After this brief month-long tour, I believe they are hooking up with Fishbone for the next leg. Add Living Colour to that bill, and I might quit my job and follow them around the country!