Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-31-2003, 01:02 AM   #1
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Opening your own business

Well, its drawing closer to my families grand opening of their paintball field. Im pretty nervous, but also pretty excited. Wish us luck!

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!

Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 01:40 AM   #2
TLK
Pro Starter

My family is about to purchase a flower shop. I have a feeling you guys might do a little bit better.

TLK
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 03:17 AM   #3
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Hmm maybe our players can order flowers from your shop to send to those they tag

Old 01-31-2003, 06:26 AM   #4
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Quote:
Originally posted by Airhog
Hmm maybe our players can order flowers from your shop to send to those they tag

Yes...the Cocky & Funny Bouqet.
Old 01-31-2003, 08:29 AM   #5
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

Good luck Airhog. I'm a recreational paintballer which means I just enjoy blasting the bastards that I call friends, lol. But it's great to see someone take a shot at the small business route. You never know till you try.

What kind of field have you put together? How big?

What kind of advertising have you done? One of the new paintball fields in my area basically left fliers at paintball shops after getting the OK from shop owners. Seems to have done alright for them though I've heard their field could use some work.

Good luck!

Owner of the Mokan Mighty Bastards (70338) in Hattrick
the_meanstrosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 08:37 AM   #6
Darkiller
FOF2 Guy

While I'm currently still working as a PR agent in one of Paris' most famous IT communication firm...I'm preparing for my "next life" in the Sports-Business industry.

Here is the website of the company I launched :

http://www.megasportagency.com

We already take care of France's current #1 Rugby club as far as sponsoring oppotunities for them in the Paris area.
- Chairman of the IHOF Hall of Fame
- Athletic Director of the Brigham Young Cougars in TCY
FOF Legend: Hall of Fame QB Brock Sheriff #5, one of the most popular player in Front Office Football history.
Darkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 10:59 AM   #7
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Quote:
Originally posted by the_meanstrosity
Good luck Airhog. I'm a recreational paintballer which means I just enjoy blasting the bastards that I call friends, lol. But it's great to see someone take a shot at the small business route. You never know till you try.

What kind of field have you put together? How big?

What kind of advertising have you done? One of the new paintball fields in my area basically left fliers at paintball shops after getting the OK from shop owners. Seems to have done alright for them though I've heard their field could use some work.

Good luck!

Owner of the Mokan Mighty Bastards (70338) in Hattrick

Well, one thing at a time

The field was a previous field, that was ran by a guy that taught. He abandoned the field and we leased it from the owner. It has a really small tire field, maybe big enough for 3 or 4 too a team. It has a speedball field big enough for 8-10 on a team. There are two woods fields, one is smallish, and the other pretty big. We are trying to rebuild the speedball field right now.

Advertising has mainly been word of mouth. My brother plays nearly every weekend at a field that is some ways north of us. Everyone that plays there hates the field, becuase the guy is greedy, and he hasnt worked on his fields since I began playing 2 years ago. Spread around a 60 mile radius, you have 3 fields, one of which is really geared for Paintballers, and not making money. Lucky for us, its at least 40 or 50 miles away. the other field is ran a bit better then the third field, and is a bit closer too.

We really havent had time to do alot of advertising. I have focused most of my time on the internet getting us added to all the major paintball sites. We still are not sure how to draw in casual rentals, and right now we hear that the majority of the players closes to us want to play somewhere else. The field we are running now was fairly successful, but I think a lack of rules, and a bad way of running things caused it to be shut down.

Old 01-31-2003, 12:30 PM   #8
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

Sounds like an opportunity. So long as the 'market' can take 3 paintball fields, you should be in good standing. Plus you know what is and what isn't working on the paintball fields in the area. I think you've done your research and it sounds like you know exactly what you want to do. Good luck and have fun. Owning your own business is scary, but there's that sense of the American dream to it, = )

Trip
the_meanstrosity is offline   Reply With Quote