Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-22-2009, 09:59 AM   #1
hhiipp
College Prospect

Just in case you still had faith in humanity

Rodent case will go to grand jury (video) | chillicothegazette.com | Chillicothe Gazette

IDAHO - Pike County Prosecutor Rob Junk will be pursuing indictments against three people suspected of child endangerment in connection with rodent bites covering a 6-week-old infant in their care.

Junk said if his office is able to gather all the information it needs in time, he will be presenting the case against Todd C. Trent, 18, Joseph Gunter, 33, and Tina Gunter, 29, to a grand jury as early as Thursday.
All three pleaded not guilty to two counts each of endangering children Tuesday in front of Pike County Court Judge Cassandra Bolt-Meredith. One count is a second-degree felony, while the other is a third-degree felony.
Bond was set at $210,000, with a cash-only provision for each of the three accused.
All three invididuals were living together at the home located at 2209 Red Bridge Road, in western Pike County.
The judge also stated that if they do post bond, they are to have no contact with the victim or anyone younger than 18 and they are to comply with a safety plan created by the Pike County Children's Board.
Originally, Trent also was going to be charged with tampering with evidence and obstructing justice. Junk dropped the charges for the present time, intending instead to present those charges to a grand jury.
The saga began when the sheriff's office received an anonymous tip about the child and went to the home to investigate the welfare of the child.
Junk said when the deputy arrived at the home, he found the 6-week-old girl in shock and devoid of all her color.
"He observed wounds on the girl that appeared to have been rodent bites," he said.
The child was taken to Nationwide Children's Hospital in Columbus, where doctors said the injuries were "consistent with rodent bites" and appeared to have occurred during a "lengthy period of time," Pike County Sheriff Rich Henderson said.
Henderson also said the worst bites were on the infant's left foot and back, but bites were found all over the child's body. Two of the girl's toes had to be removed.
"I have never seen anything like this before," Junk said.
The condition of the home in which the child was found was described by Junk as "not good."
Standing by her brother, Trent, during the course of the investigation at the scene Monday, Malissa Reisinger defended her brother's innocence.
"They (authorities) were supposed to just talk to him, and the next thing we know, he is in jail," she said.
Reisinger said she talked with Trent Monday and he said he was sad about the allegations against him.
"This is taking a toll on my whole family," she said.
Trent is not the biological father of the child.
A pre-trial hearing has been set for 1 p.m. July 29 for all three suspects.
As of Tuesday evening, no charges had been filed against the child's mother.

hhiipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 10:04 AM   #2
RendeR
Coordinator

*sigh*

If I say what I feel here the RendeR-Defamation-League will call me a douchebag for wishing harm on another. So I guess I'll just sigh sadly and agree that humanity is pretty much fucked.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 10:21 AM   #3
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

nah. i hope his punishment is that they tie him down in a room full of rats and let the rats eat him to death over the course of a month.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 11:10 AM   #4
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
nah. i hope his punishment is that they tie him down in a room full of rats and let the rats eat him to death over the course of a month.

Indeed, but if *I* say that I'm a horrible human being. Everyone likes you so they'll just nod and smile and agree that its a horrible situation.
Old 07-22-2009, 11:18 AM   #5
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Indeed, but if *I* say that I'm a horrible human being. Everyone likes you so they'll just nod and smile and agree that its a horrible situation.

Everyone likes me???
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 11:56 AM   #6
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Please give us a break with the self-pity.

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 11:59 AM   #7
RainMaker
General Manager

This story bothers me too. These people seemed like genuinely good people. Even helped out one of the murderers keep their business afloat with money.

Source: Safe in slain couple's home contained $100,000 - CNN.com
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 11:59 AM   #8
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post

Just so you know, the existence of the "RendeR-Defamation-League" is not based on any relentless criticisms of child abusers.

Last edited by molson : 07-22-2009 at 12:02 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:02 PM   #9
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

The "RendeR-Martyrdom-League" does appear to be based on that, however.
Old 07-22-2009, 12:22 PM   #10
BYU 14
Coordinator

Let loose RendeR, I support you on this one
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 01:12 PM   #11
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I thought this thread was going to be about the baby in the New Orleans area that recently died, possibly from multiple rat bites:

Autopsy Expected This Week On Rat-Bitten Baby - New Orleans News Story - WDSU New Orleans
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 01:34 PM   #12
RainMaker
General Manager

Could also be about these morons.

Python strangles 2-year-old girl in Fla. home - On Deadline - USATODAY.com
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 02:29 PM   #13
Travis
Pro Rookie

Funny this thread should happen to come up today as there was a nice story locally to wake up to.

Huge Catch for Hero Esk
Old 07-22-2009, 02:41 PM   #14
thesloppy
Pro Starter

No, no....THIS is the article this thread is supposed to be about:

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/artic...3_BARTLE812965

Quote:
Bystanders reportedly shouted to the couple to "watch their kids better." Lee responded by removing a baby from a carrier on his chest and throwing the child to the ground and shouting at the witnesses across the street, police records allege. As the baby lay face-down on the ground, Lee advanced on the bystanders, waving his arms and asking what they were going to do about it, an affidavit alleges.

"Yo, this is how I raise MY kids, dog! This baby ain't nuthin'. YOU DON'T KNOW ME!"
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 03:49 PM   #15
RendeR
Coordinator

Glad to see a couple of them chimed in

peoples is stupid, can't believe anyone would treat a child like these stories suggest, its fucking pathetic.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:11 PM   #16
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

As horrible as this story is, for some reason every time I read "Junk" I laughed a little.
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote