Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-21-2009, 11:20 PM   #1
Galaril
Pro Starter

Time Travel Baseball Board Game

This is more those of us who are old enough to have played sports board games especially before the era of computer games and xbox........For anyone who is interested Jeff Downey has announced the release of the rerelease of the old classic Time Travel Baseball board game. He has added some additional rules and has started to take pre-orders for the game and will start shipping it around August 4th. This one would work well for draft leagues and I could imagine a cool FOFC League. Just so everyone knows I am not affiliated with the game or the developer.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/tabletopsports/messages
Players released in the game basic set (250 players,8 ballparks, 8 managers):
tabletop-sports.com :: Where rolling the dice is King!
Players released in the game (200 players,8 ball parks, 8 managers)
expansion set 1:
tabletop-sports.com :: Where rolling the dice is King!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Info:
Downey Games is proud to announce a release date for Time Travel Baseball, and is now accepting pre-orders for the game.

Those that know me and have been long-time customers know that I’m not fond of the pre-order concept. However, the response to this game has been several times greater than my other releases. I don’t want to get into a situation where I’m taking 3-5 weeks to fill an order. So, I have decided to go the pre-order route.

From now until August 4th, 2009 I will be taking pre-orders for the game and the first Expansion set. At that time, the game will not be available until I have all pre-orders shipped. Depending on the volume, that may be a day, or a few weeks. I will begin shipping orders on August 5th, 2009.

As a special bonus, all pre-orders will receive 3 special flash* cards that will only be printed for pre-orders. After that, they will never be printed again. You’ll also get a personalized flash*card putting YOU in the game.

For our initial release, we are offering a Base Set which includes:
* 8 Manager Cards
* 8 Ball Park Cards
* 240 Player Flash*Cards
* 104 Gamble Cards
* All game components (dice, charts, rules)
* Copies of Several brochures from the game’s original release, as well as copies of the original rule book and several Time Travel newsletter updates.

All of the cards are printed in vivid color and die cut to ensure perfectly uniform and straight cards.

We are also offering an Expansion Set which includes:
* 8 additional Manager Cards
* 8 additional Ball Park Cards
* 200 additional player Flash*cards

As part of my agreement, the Time Travel Game will only be offered in printed form.

For the initial offering of Time Travel Baseball, I wanted to present it in the form that Stanley Frohlich intended, and that is to offer several players of varying abilities. Your skill as a general manager in composing a team with a salary limit will ultimately be the deciding factor in winning and losing. In the near future we will offer full seasons. But, I wanted to pay tribute to Stanley with our initial offering.

That’s not to say that I haven’t implemented a few changes in the new game. For one, I’ve included Ball Park effects. This adds an additional element of strategy as you build your team. You’ll tailor your team’s hitters and pitchers to your stadium, just like the real life general managers. I have also introduced new ratings and have fine-tuned card creation formulas. You’ll also see catcher’s and outfielder’s throwing arms have a great deal more impact with the latest version of the game.
All-in-all I have meticulously strived to keep a balance between adding more modern elements to the game, while keeping everything that makes Time Travel Baseball unique. Most importantly, I have kept the game’s strengths which are speed of play and pure fun factor.

You can pre-order the game at: Time Travel Baseball : Welcome to Downey Games!, ...Rolling the Dice is still King here too!

Last edited by Galaril : 07-23-2009 at 01:59 PM.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote