Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-24-2003, 06:45 PM   #1
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

2003 Draft Fearless Predictions

This isn't a place for predictions about who will breakout or bust (well, it could be, but who will have the energy to go back and say who was right?)

This is a place for predictions about how the draft itself will go.

I predict that OT Gross will go higher than people think. Top 5. The draft is weak on tackles, and someone (who is keeping hush hush about it) will reach for a solid LT prospect early.

I predict that William Joseph will be the third DT taken (i.e. the best of the "other" first round DT's). The Miami pedigree is starting to mean something in the league.

I predict that there will only be three QB's taken in the first round.

albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 07:11 PM   #2
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

I think the Bears may do something unexpected at #4, but I dont have guts enough to say what that might be.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 07:21 PM   #3
AgPete
College Prospect

Are you ready for my ground-breaking earth-shattering prediction??!!
With the 1st selection in the 2003 Draft, the Bengals select Carson Palmer!!

That's the only thing I'm certain of otherwise I wouldn't bother watching the Draft. I think there may be a lot of trading down this year with high first round pick teams if they can find the right offers. I was listening to a sports analyst the other day and I can't recall the last time I heard teams #2-#5 were all seriously considering possible trade downs.
AgPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 07:29 PM   #4
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

I think the saints will send both first round picks to the Cowboys for the # 5 pick and the Saints will take Terence Newman....at 17 & 18 the cowboys will then select a DT & possibly Andre Woolfolk or maybe Kyle Boller if he is still available....
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 07:31 PM   #5
AgPete
College Prospect

Speaking of the Cowboys, I got this from the Dallas Morning News and could definitely see it happening if the rumor is true

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/football/?1

Cowboys' Jones targets three at No. 5:
Redskins' cornerback may be available

Washington cornerback Fred Smoot, a starter last season, is apparently available for a third-round pick.

The Cowboys believe Smoot is better than every cornerback in the draft except Terence Newman and Marcus Trufant.

If the Cowboys don't get Newman, they might see if a deal could be worked out with the Redskins.
AgPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 07:45 PM   #6
tucker342
Pro Starter

Palmer will go 1, and Rodgers will go two, you heard it here first
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2003, 07:41 PM   #7
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Re: 2003 Draft Fearless Predictions

Quote:
Originally posted by albionmoonlight

I predict that OT Gross will go higher than people think. Top 5. The draft is weak on tackles, and someone (who is keeping hush hush about it) will reach for a solid LT prospect early.

Nope :o

Quote:

I predict that William Joseph will be the third DT taken (i.e. the best of the "other" first round DT's). The Miami pedigree is starting to mean something in the league.

Quote:

I predict that there will only be three QB's taken in the first round.

Now you know why I don't bet on sports.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2003, 07:45 PM   #8
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Heh ragone goes before simms..

And why the hell is houston picking a qb anyway
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2003, 08:04 PM   #9
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

Simms. Ha Ha.

Maybe the pro scouts know more about football than Mack Brown. The truth is known to all who had to endure the hell of him as your teams QB.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2003, 10:13 PM   #10
TroyF
Coordinator

Senator,

Clearly, the NFL clubs were terrified about his brain. I don't think there is a person who has ever watched him play who doesn't have every other tool he needs to be successful.

I'm not confident he can succeed in Tampa Bay, where Gruden will expect quick and accurate decision making. I expect he'll have an NFL career very similar to that of Rob Johnson. I'm just glad I don't have to find out what career path he takes in Denver. If he proves me wrong and becomes a pro-bowler. . . good for him.

TroyF
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2003, 10:22 PM   #11
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by TroyF
If he proves me wrong and becomes a pro-bowler. . . good for him.

Probably has a better chance at that than football.

Last edited by The Afoci : 04-27-2003 at 10:01 AM.
The Afoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 09:52 AM   #12
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by The Afoci
Probably has a better chance at that then football.

he's been known to lock on to the 7 pin during a 7-10 split. His prospects aren't as bright as we think.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 10:54 AM   #13
tucker342
Pro Starter

Dorsey hasn't even been picked yet. I find that very funny
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 12:30 PM   #14
IMetTrentGreen
College Prospect

"I'm just glad I don't have to find out what career path he takes in Denver"

i understand, since griese and plummer are on the fast track to the hall of fame

i am beginning to hope texas never wins anything in football just so our "fans" like senator never experience it. what a duechbag

i also hope the NCAA passes that rule that lets texas qb's play with teammates and coaches. kind of unfair they have to do it all themselves. geez, 3rd round, what a bum. tell that to tom brady and kurt warner, ryan leaf and akili smith, jeff garcia and brad johnson. the football iq on this board is staggeringly low
IMetTrentGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 12:52 PM   #15
sooner333
College Starter

IMTG- I don't think people are mad because he shames texas or the longhorn program, I think people are instead realizing that he may not have been as good as everybody thought. Think about it, everyone for four years said that he's the best QB and will go high in the draft, first 10 picks for sure. Now, he almost didn't get picked on DAY one, let alone round one. So, its just been a dissapointment, but on the other hand, he led texas to some very good football seasons, just not as good as hoped.
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 01:45 PM   #16
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

I think you mean douchebag, but go ahead.

IQ is important to you is it?
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote